Author Topic: Debbie Wasserman Schultz, State AGs, Seek Ammunition Background Checks  (Read 1225 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) and 21 state attorneys general are pushing for Congressional action to secure background checks for ammunition sales.
The NRA-ILA reports the idea is the brainchild of Schultz, who wants all retail bullet sales to go through the same background check as retail gun sales.

Schultz’s bill, H.R. 1705, states:

It shall be unlawful for any person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to transfer ammunition to any other person who is not so licensed, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken possession of the ammunition for the purpose of [ having the would-be buyer comply with a NICS background check requirement.]

Schultz’s bill sets for exceptions for would-be buyers who hold certain state-level licenses which require a background check for their issuance, but otherwise requires a background check for any retail ammunition purchase.

Attorneys general from California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington, signed a letter in support of Schultz’s ammunition background check plan.

Their letter was sent to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and others in leadership positions.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/01/debbie-wasserman-schultz-state-ags-seek-ammunition-background-checks/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz, State AGs, Seek Ammunition Background Checks
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 04:50:55 pm »
"Attorneys general from California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington, signed a letter in support of Schultz’s ammunition background check plan."

Handy list of states you don't want to live in.

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 05:06:14 pm »
"Attorneys general from California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington, signed a letter in support of Schultz’s ammunition background check plan."

Handy list of states you don't want to live in.

Some of those states though are fairly 2A friendly despite the elected politicians that are trying to ruin them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 11:03:37 pm »
Some of those states though are fairly 2A friendly despite the elected politicians that are trying to ruin them.

I'm sure some of the people are 2A friendly but their elected officials sure aren't. Glad I live in Texas. :beer:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:04:11 pm »
Just another stupid attempt to bypass the 2nd Amendment with a sham. And it's unconstitutional on its face by placing a burden on exercising one's rights.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 11:25:41 pm »
I'm sure some of the people are 2A friendly but their elected officials sure aren't. Glad I live in Texas. :beer:

Will constitutional rights be lost under Republican control?
By Bob Hall September 27, 2019   

https://texasscorecard.com/commentary/commentary-no-compromising-on-liberty/

However, there exists within the Capitol a strong push for “expanded background checks.” This should be a real “red flag” (no pun intended) for gun owners. The natural erosion of our rights is inevitable once we start down the path of gun control. Gun confiscation in Germany, China, and European communist countries did not happen in one quick step; it happened over a period of time, one step at a time, with each small step moving closer and closer to the goal of gun confiscation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 01:19:00 am »

That's the next state the Dems have in their sights to flip.  People better wake up.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 01:21:44 am »
Let em. I'll just roll my own. Try background-checking that.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 01:45:07 am »
Next they'll be calling for background checks on bags of agricultural sulfur, K-Power fertilizer and wheel weights. And then they may even go after any rocks that be flint.

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 11:53:19 am »

Why do you think this won't apply to purchasing the primer?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 02:53:47 pm »
Eventually when they see enough of us doing that. They will wants check on components ie bullets, powder, primers etc.....
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 03:20:23 pm »

@thackney

You must not be a reloader. Back when I was shooting one or another of my 1911's on a regular basis,I used to buy 1,000 primers at a time. I had two cardbard boxes sitting beside my chair. One on each side. The one on the right side held 500 tumbled and sized cases,and the one on the left was for catching the same cases that now had primers in them. I MUCH preferred seating my primers by hand so I could have more "feel" for what was going on.

And that wasn't counting the primers I had for shotgun and rifles,or taking into consideration the fact that I was using a single stage press and loading for accuracy,not a progressive press with the powder measure and automatic primer feed people use for semi-auto rifle loading.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 03:22:09 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 03:25:22 pm »
Eventually when they see enough of us doing that. They will wants check on components ie bullets, powder, primers etc.....

@verga

Oh,yeah! If you don't already have several thousand loaded rounds stocked for your self-defense handguns and shotguns,and another several thousand rounds loaded for each of your magazine-fed rifles,make sure you have enough cash saved in a ready account to buy up what you need the same day they announce they are going to limit component and ammo sales because if you wait until tomorrow,it will be too late.

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 03:31:02 pm »
@thackney

You must not be a reloader. Back when I was shooting one or another of my 1911's on a regular basis,I used to buy 1,000 primers at a time.

Back in my teens when my brother and I was reloading, we also bought 1,000 primers at a time.

But what are you going to do next month when you need to buy again?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 03:46:32 pm »

Over a near purchase a few years ago, I made contacts in the field of ammunition production. Primers can be had overseas. And so can brass. Th only hard part is getting it here, and that ain't all that hard...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 03:50:06 pm »

And btw, Montana...  The Northern Rockies states won't go along with it anyhow.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 07:30:31 pm »
Back in my teens when my brother and I was reloading, we also bought 1,000 primers at a time.

But what are you going to do next month when you need to buy again?

@thackney

That's not going to be a problem because if they ban loaded ammo and reloading components,there will be no more competitive or target shooting for most people,because most people can't just walk out into their yard and blast away like I can.

Also,shooters will hoard what they do have,and won't sell or trade it for anything.

If it is a "the goobermint iza cuming after usen!" situation,I already have more loaded rounds than they have deputies,and I am just one man. I don't tend to miss often,either.

I don't shoot often anymore for a variety of reasons,so if they were to cut off sales tomorrow I still have enough to last me for a long time in a "collapse of society" scenario.