Author Topic: GOP Rep. Chris Collins to plead guilty to insider trading  (Read 329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Chris Collins to plead guilty to insider trading
« on: September 30, 2019, 03:53:05 pm »
GOP Rep. Chris Collins to plead guilty to insider trading
By Zack Budryk - 09/30/19 11:44 AM EDT

Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.) will plead guilty to insider trading, for which he was indicted last August, according to Bloomberg.

Collins, his son Cameron, and Stephen Zarsky, the father of Cameron’s fiancée, were arrested in August 2018 and pleaded not guilty on charges of trading on non-public information about an Australian biotech company. Cameron Collins and Zarsky also plan to change their pleas, according to Bloomberg.

Collins, the first sitting representative to endorse President Trump in the 2016 Republican primaries, said after his arrest that he would "continue to fight the meritless charges brought against me and I look toward to having my good name cleared of any wrongdoing."

Collins was narrowly re-elected in the 2018 midterm elections, winning by less than one percentage point after defeating his 2016 opponent by more than 30 points and his 2014 opponent by nearly 50 points. Collins‘ 2018 opponent, Nate McMurray, announced in August that he will seek a rematch with Collins in 2020.

“Many party loyalists continue to view him favorably, even more than his Republican challengers. He retains this support in part due to the tactics he employs; the depths he and his hateful political forces will stoop to,” McMurray said.

A Federal Elections Commission filing in April indicated no individual donors gave to Collins in the first quarter of 2019.

The Hill has reached out to Collins’ office for comment.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/463642-gop-rep-chris-collins-to-plead-guilty-to-insider-trading
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Re: GOP Rep. Chris Collins to plead guilty to insider trading
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 07:26:43 pm »
    That was FAST!

Chris Collins resigns from Congress after news of insider trading guilty plea

by Zachary Halaschak

September 30, 2019 02:04 PM

Republican Rep. Chris Collins has reportedly resigned from Congress.

The New York congressman is expected to enter a guilty plea in Manhattan federal court Tuesday for his alleged role in alerting his son, Cameron Collins, about a drug trial failure before it was publicly known.

He was arrested in 2018 along with Cameron and co-defendant Stephen Zarsky. Collins was set to go to trial next year on charges of conspiracy, securities fraud, wire fraud, and making false statements to the FBI.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chris-collins-resigns-from-congress-after-news-of-insider-trading-guilty-plea
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online berdie

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 08:45:37 pm »
That's not bueno.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 09:54:01 pm »
That's not bueno.
This is actually what the Republicans up here had wanted in the first place. They had several candidates lined up to replace Collins but he refused to bow out—and he very narrowly won re-election in one of the few solidly Republican districts in New York.

So now that this case is resolved and he's out of the way, they can field another candidate... and the bench is surprisingly deep. This also neuters Nate McMurray, the Democrat in the race, whose main selling point was "I'm not Chris Collins."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online berdie

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 10:01:28 pm »
This is actually what the Republicans up here had wanted in the first place. They had several candidates lined up to replace Collins but he refused to bow out—and he very narrowly won re-election in one of the few solidly Republican districts in New York.

So now that this case is resolved and he's out of the way, they can field another candidate... and the bench is surprisingly deep. This also neuters Nate McMurray, the Democrat in the race, whose main selling point was "I'm not Chris Collins."

Thanks...I didn't know the back story on this.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 10:11:30 pm »
Don't know him and what he did is wrong, but what I really want to know is...................when do they go after all the other past and sitting congressman and senators that are all guilty of the samre thing?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 10:27:18 pm »
You can see that he embodies "Family Values."

I served as Treasurer for a small PAC, and we helped elect 2 council candidatess.

Within a few months one resigned in disgracce, and he other faced and later was convicted of fraud and served time in federal prison..

Council seats are "non-partisan," so this situation involved "conservatives."

Soon thereafter the County went bankrupt, but the local GOP establishment agenda was for tax increases.

I was on the winning side, since we defeated the increases.

I Got witness a  bunch of "integrity, character," etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln