Author Topic: Thornberry joins list of retiring Texas Republicans  (Read 311 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thornberry joins list of retiring Texas Republicans
« on: September 30, 2019, 03:37:24 pm »
Thornberry joins list of retiring Texas Republicans
By Juliegrace Brufke - 09/30/19 11:15 AM EDT

Texas Rep. Mac Thornberry (R), the top Republican on the House Committee on Armed Services, on Monday announced that he will not seek reelection.

Thornberry's decision marks the sixth Texas Republican to retire from Congress this year. The GOP lawmaker was first elected to the lower chamber in 1994.

“It has been a great honor to serve the people of the 13th District of Texas as their congressman for the last 25 years. They have given me opportunities to serve the nation in ways I could have never imagined, including as Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee," he said in a statement.

"We are reminded, however, that 'for everything there is a season,' and I believe that the time has come for a change. Therefore, I will not be a candidate for reelection in the 2020 election."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/463639-thornberry-adds-to-list-of-retiring-texas-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Thornberry joins list of retiring Texas Republicans
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 03:37:40 pm »
Just great!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34