Author Topic: Pelosi: It Doesn't Matter If Dems Lose The House Over Impeachment  (Read 1140 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: It Doesn't Matter If Dems Lose The House Over Impeachment
« on: September 29, 2019, 02:21:10 pm »
Pelosi: It Doesn't Matter If Dems Lose The House Over Impeachment
Beth Baumann

@eb454
|
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 9:50 AM

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) sat down with Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith for a Q&A session. One of the questions that came up was very political in nature: Isn't Pelosi worried about the Democrats losing their majority in the House in 2020, especially on the heals of her formal impeachment inquiry announcement.

"I wanna ask you, Speaker, heading into the next election cycle, do you have any anxiety at all, about anything we're talking about, or anything we're not talking about, impacting your ability to hold control of the House in 2020?" Smith asked, a clear reference to the Democrats' impeachment inquiry.

"It doesn't matter," she replied.

"It doesn't matter?" he asked.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/09/29/pelosi-it-doesnt-matter-if-dems-lose-the-house-over-impeachment-n2553871
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Pelosi: It Doesn't Matter If Dems Lose The House Over Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 02:26:00 pm »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 02:38:38 pm »
That tells me she wants the AOCs of her party taken out, even if it costs in the short-term.   That's why she's doing Impeachment, it's not about Trump.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 06:14:15 pm »
Mrs. Botox, it matters very much to me that the democommies lose the House in 2020 and I am praying everyday that the American voter will wake up and vote y'all out.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 08:56:24 pm »
That tells me she wants the AOCs of her party taken out, even if it costs in the short-term.   That's why she's doing Impeachment, it's not about Trump.

That could very well be correct. But Nan won't be there to reap the benefit. She's getting older and goofy. I wonder if she would be that unselfish.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 09:46:57 pm »
This is just bullshit posturing.  Nobody thinks she doesn't care about the possibility of being kicked out of the Speaker's chair for the second time by virtue of losing a majority in the House.  No, she's putting on airs that this "Impeachment Inquiry" is the most important thing in the Nation, even more than her day job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 11:10:00 pm »

That could very well be correct. But Nan won't be there to reap the benefit. She's getting older and goofy. I wonder if she would be that unselfish.

Actually it's a possible win/win situation for her.  IF Trump is not impeached she may get rid of some of the AOC's that have given her some headaches and IF Trump is impeached they could also try to take down Pence leaving her to become Madame President.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 02:07:12 am »
Actually it's a possible win/win situation for her.  IF Trump is not impeached she may get rid of some of the AOC's that have given her some headaches and IF Trump is impeached they could also try to take down Pence leaving her to become Madame President.

That’s not how impeachment works. The House can do it, but the Senate still needs to remove him, which they won’t. There’s no way there will be 67 votes for that.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 02:54:26 am »

That’s not how impeachment works. The House can do it, but the Senate still needs to remove him, which they won’t. There’s no way there will be 67 votes for that.

Which makes a person say what is this about?  I think that Nancy wants Trump reelected.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 07:54:55 am »
Which makes a person say what is this about?  I think that Nancy wants Trump reelected.

It’s about them placating their base and hoping the people who stayed home or voted 3rd party in 2016 come back next year.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 09:27:23 am »

Well, if that’s the case then we ought to be thanking Ms. Pelosi.

Offline verga

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 01:20:31 pm »
The problem is the unintended consequences, which could lead to her own loss. The people of San Francisco could decide that she has had to many "missed shots" and send her packing. That is how AOC got in. If they get some Hip exciting upstart Nancy could be on the porch reminiscing with Harry Reid.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 02:40:35 pm »

@dfwgator

You may be right. I honestly can't think of a single reason for any Speaker of the House to not care about losing control over the House. So it must me something personal more than something political.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2019, 03:15:21 pm »
@dfwgator

You may be right. I honestly can't think of a single reason for any Speaker of the House to not care about losing control over the House. So it must me something personal more than something political.

@sneakypete

I think she cares a great deal, probably more than about anything else in her life.  But...she has to lie and say she doesn't care, to make it sound like she's a superhero willing to dash herself upon the rocks below because she loves the country!

A regular Joan of Arc, that one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2019, 03:29:17 pm »
@dfwgator

But there are plenty of reasons for her to SAY she doesn't care about losing the House. It's not like anyone should expect her to answer this (or any other) question truthfully.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 04:22:34 pm »
But there are plenty of reasons for her to SAY she doesn't care about losing the House. It's not like anyone should expect her to answer this (or any other) question truthfully.

@Snarknado

I'm not even sure it is possible for her to answer any question truthfully. She didn't become Dim Speaker by being a girl scout.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 09:56:07 pm »
When is the floor vote in the House, Mrs. Botox? Oh, I guess you don't have the votes.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 10:33:19 pm »

I wouldn't take that for granted.  There are 53 GOP Senators, 45 DEMS and 2 IND.  45 votes for sure from the DEMS for impeachment.  If the IND vote for impeachment then all that is needed is 20 GOP Senators that would have to defect - there have been reports that at least 35 GOP Senators would vote to impeach Trump. I think that it is a possibility.  Probable no, possible; absolutely!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:34:16 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »
I wouldn't take that for granted.  There are 53 GOP Senators, 45 DEMS and 2 IND.  45 votes for sure from the DEMS for impeachment.  If the IND vote for impeachment then all that is needed is 20 GOP Senators that would have to defect - there have been reports that at least 35 GOP Senators would vote to impeach Trump. I think that it is a possibility.  Probable no, possible; absolutely!

@libertybele

The day that happens may go down in the history books as the day the Second American Revolution began.

LOTS of people are tired and on their last nerve.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 11:21:41 pm »
I'm sure the House members in "battleground" districts whose seats could be lost took great comfort in Miss Nancy's comment. About the only way Miss Nancy will leave the House is by her own choice or that of a much Higher Power.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 11:31:55 pm »
@libertybele

The day that happens may go down in the history books as the day the Second American Revolution began.

LOTS of people are tired and on their last nerve.

I get that, but under the Constitution there are rules for impeachment.  Whether or not we like the outcome, "we the people" voted for the RINO's ... if we disregard the outcome as a result of following the Constitution, then we truly have nothing.  What is terribly wrong is far too long we have ignored and side-stepped the Constitution.

Offline bilo

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 12:11:30 am »
I get that, but under the Constitution there are rules for impeachment.  Whether or not we like the outcome, "we the people" voted for the RINO's ... if we disregard the outcome as a result of following the Constitution, then we truly have nothing.  What is terribly wrong is far too long we have ignored and side-stepped the Constitution.

I understand your unease. It seems to me the corruption in DC runs a lot deeper than most recognize. Why didn't the Pubs go after all the corruption when it became obvious that the clinton crime family was shaking down people and countries when hillary was sect. of state? Why didn't the Pubs investigate obama when it was obvious he was using branches of the govt to target people and groups opposed to him? How many in the Pub party have become multi-millionaires while "serving in public office"?

We just learned romney's advisor is on the board of the gas company in the Ukraine that was paying hunter biden 50,000 a month.

I really don't see a lot of Pubs fighting back the way they should. Pelosi may be happy to be rid of the load mouthed commies in her party, but I think the Pubs want to get that outsider Trump out of the way so they can go back to their old ways.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 12:22:06 am »
I understand your unease. It seems to me the corruption in DC runs a lot deeper than most recognize. Why didn't the Pubs go after all the corruption when it became obvious that the clinton crime family was shaking down people and countries when hillary was sect. of state? Why didn't the Pubs investigate obama when it was obvious he was using branches of the govt to target people and groups opposed to him? How many in the Pub party have become multi-millionaires while "serving in public office"?

We just learned romney's advisor is on the board of the gas company in the Ukraine that was paying hunter biden 50,000 a month.

I really don't see a lot of Pubs fighting back the way they should. Pelosi may be happy to be rid of the load mouthed commies in her party, but I think the Pubs want to get that outsider Trump out of the way so they can go back to their old ways.

Exactly.  The only one that 'they' hate worse than Trump is Cruz .... Both of the don't play very well with the country club set

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 12:32:57 am »
"Pelosi: It Doesn't Matter If Dems Lose The House Over Impeachment..."

Sounds good to me, Nan.
Lose away!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 12:36:44 am »

FWIW, that would be Romney's 2012 campaign adviser.  I haven't seen any evidence of a current connection.

As far as fighting back, what's the old saying about what not to do when your enemy is making a mistake?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.