Author Topic: Kurt Volker, Trump’s Envoy for Ukraine, Resigns  (Read 294 times)

Offline corbe

Kurt Volker, Trump’s Envoy for Ukraine, Resigns
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:30:55 am »
Kurt Volker, Trump’s Envoy for Ukraine, Resigns

Peter Baker

1 hr ago

WASHINGTON — Kurt D. Volker, the State Department’s special envoy for Ukraine, who got caught in the middle of the pressure campaign by President Trump and his lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, to find damaging information about Democrats, resigned his post on Friday.

Mr. Volker, a former ambassador who served in the part-time, unpaid position to help Ukraine resolve its armed confrontation with Russia-sponsored separatists, told Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday that he was stepping down.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kurt-volker-trumps-envoy-for-ukraine-resigns/ar-AAHWYwV?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Re: Kurt Volker, Trump’s Envoy for Ukraine, Resigns
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 12:34:03 am »
Judging by the messages passed between Volker and Giuliani it seems as thought Mr Volker was a bit more than just ‘caught in the middle’.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's envoy for Ukraine resigns amid controversy: reports
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 12:56:45 am »
Live update blog, please scroll down to story:

Friday, September 27
[b]Trump's envoy for Ukraine resigns amid controversy: reports[/b]
Trump's special representative for Ukraine, Kurt Volker, resigned on Friday, US media reported.
Kurt Volker

Kurt Volker speaks during an interview with Reuters in Kiev, Ukraine [File: Valentyn Ogirenko/Reuters]

A whistle-blower complaint from within the intelligence community, released publicly on Thursday, described Volker as trying to "contain the damage" from efforts by Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani to press Ukraine to investigate Democrats.

Volker, who had served in the position on a part-time, unpaid basis since 2017, had sought to help Ukraine's government resolve its confrontation with Russia-sponsored separatists.

Read more at:   https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/trump-impeachment-inquiry-latest-updates-190924224434789.html

Note: @Cyber Liberty    , I only cited the story but note,  the article says the State Press, an ASU student-run newspaper were the first ones to post this story and that ASU has a think-tank with Volker involved in it. So, that's pretty interesting.

Anyway, this story doesn't sound good but we'll see if it has any significance.

Politico:

The news of Volker's departure was first reported by a student news organization at Arizona State University and confirmed to POLITICO by a person familiar with the issue. A congressional aide said Democrats still expect Volker to appear for his deposition despite his resignation.

Volker's decision to leave comes a day after Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, claimed that Volker had asked him to talk to Ukrainian officials — discussions that may have involved demands that Ukraine dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden, the current Democratic 2020 frontrunner.

On Thursday, Giuliani publicly shared what he said were text messages from Volker. One of the messages, dated July 19, shows Volker telling Giuliani he “really enjoyed breakfast this morning” before adding: “As discussed, connecting you here with Andrey Yermak, who is very close to President Zelensky. I suggest we schedule a call together on Monday – maybe 10am or 11am Washington time?”

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/09/27/trump-ukraine-kurt-volker-rudy-giuliani-007212

Whelp, it's unfortunate in ways, it seems like the media is pushing "blood in the water", all this that is going on is mainly media driven I've read.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 01:03:24 am by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 01:05:36 am »

Friday, September 27
[b]Trump's envoy for Ukraine resigns amid controversy: reports[/b]
Trump's special representative for Ukraine, Kurt Volker, resigned on Friday, US media reported.
Kurt Volker

Kurt Volker speaks during an interview with Reuters in Kiev, Ukraine [File: Valentyn Ogirenko/Reuters]

A whistle-blower complaint from within the intelligence community, released publicly on Thursday, described Volker as trying to "contain the damage" from efforts by Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani to press Ukraine to investigate Democrats.

Volker, who had served in the position on a part-time, unpaid basis since 2017, had sought to help Ukraine's government resolve its confrontation with Russia-sponsored separatists.

Read more at:   https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/trump-impeachment-inquiry-latest-updates-190924224434789.html

Note: @Cyber Liberty    , I only cited the story but note,  the article says the State Press, an ASU student-run newspaper were the first ones to post this story and that ASU has a think-tank with Volker involved in it. So, that's pretty interesting.

Politico:

The news of Volker's departure was first reported by a student news organization at Arizona State University and confirmed to POLITICO by a person familiar with the issue. A congressional aide said Democrats still expect Volker to appear for his deposition despite his resignation.

Volker's decision to leave comes a day after Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, claimed that Volker had asked him to talk to Ukrainian officials — discussions that may have involved demands that Ukraine dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden, the current Democratic 2020 frontrunner.

On Thursday, Giuliani publicly shared what he said were text messages from Volker. One of the messages, dated July 19, shows Volker telling Giuliani he “really enjoyed breakfast this morning” before adding: “As discussed, connecting you here with Andrey Yermak, who is very close to President Zelensky. I suggest we schedule a call together on Monday – maybe 10am or 11am Washington time?”

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/09/27/trump-ukraine-kurt-volker-rudy-giuliani-007212

Whelp, it's unfortunate in ways, it seems like the media is pushing "blood in the water", all this that is going on is mainly media driven I've read.

Thank you @Right_in_Virginia   , I moved the post.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 01:12:10 am »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump's envoy for Ukraine resigns amid controversy: reports
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 01:32:31 am »

Politico:

Story looks fine to me, @TomSea.  BTW, I worked at the PBS TeeVee station for ASU for a couple years, very familiar with the State Press. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 11:25:58 am »

Volker has ties to the lobby company that acted on behalf of Russian owned American Ethane. One of Ethane’s owners supposedly supported Russian spy Maria Butina financially.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Ethane_Company  (Large investments from Russian oligarchs)

So, if people speculate why Volker quit, perhaps because of this?