Author Topic: Space agency orders 12 Orion spacecraft for historic Moon landing - 'Great day'  (Read 600 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Express by Sebastian Kettley 9/26/2019

NASA news: Space agency orders 12 Orion spacecraft for historic Moon landing - 'Great day'

NASA has ordered aerospace contractor Lockheed Martin to deliver 12 Orion capsules for the space agency’s Artemis programme and return to the Moon.

The deal between NASA and Lockheed Martin was praised by Republican Senator Ted Cruz of Texas.

He said: “This is a great day for the men and women at Johnson Space Center.

“They are crucial to our national space program and have an undeniable legacy and record of success in advancing America’s leadership in the human exploration of space.

“I am pleased that Administrator Bridenstine has heeded my calls and is taking significant steps to ensure that Johnson continues to grow with the exciting future of manned exploration that lies ahead.

“More needs to be done and I look forward to production ramping up in the weeks and months to come and to more opportunities with NASA.”

More: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1182542/NASA-news-Orion-spacecraft-Lockheed-Martin-NASA-Artemis-Moon-landing