Author Topic: Wall Street Democratic donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabet  (Read 209 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wall Street Democratic donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren
CNBC, Sep 26, 2019

Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party’s nomination.

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

“You’re in a box because you’re a Democrat and you’re thinking, ‘I want to help the party, but she’s going to hurt me, so I’m going to help President Trump,’” said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders. The executive said this Wednesday, a day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wall-street-democratic-donors-may-back-trump-if-warren-is-nominated.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

They'll always have Hollywood and Fire Island.   :laugh:

Offline bilo

I wonder if any of these guys are going to move to FL. like Carl Ichan.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren..."

Nonsense.
When the chips are down, they'll come around.
They don't want to be left out.