Author Topic: Trump Just Threw Pence Under The Bus And Now 'President Pelosi' Is Trending  (Read 1666 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump Just Threw Pence Under The Bus And Now 'President Pelosi' Is Trending
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2019, 02:30:33 pm »
FFS.... @sneakypete

He was a man in his 50s, at the time. There’s no credible way his opinions on those matters changed, except for political expediency.

@edpc

He was living in NYC at that time,and had been living there for decades. Which meant all he heard was pro-gun control,and everybody he associated with was pro-gun control.

People tend to learn as they evolve as adults. Especially when they have a new circle of friends and acquaintances.

At the time Trump had different views, he was an admitted NYC liberal.

See? Even you realize that. Key words being "At that time..."

Surprise, MFer....he still is! He’s whatever he has to be, at the time, to suit his purpose.

And now he is no longer even welcome where Dims and other gun-grabbers congregate,and now he needs to be pro-gun.

unless you want to throw in one of your obligatory comments about the Bush family.

Thanks for reminding me. NO ONE should ever vote for anyone in the Bush Crime Family again,unless it is to vote to put them in prison or expel them from the US and pull their citizenships. Evil bastards,one and all.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2019, 02:31:24 pm »
Ah, at what point does the man's actual record as president factor into the debate?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2019, 02:35:49 pm »
@sneakypete

I don't think anyone is looking for the perfect candidate.  I think most of us know such a creature doesn't exist.  But I would like to find one candidate who I believe can do the job and who might at least make an effort to keep the promises he or she has made to the voters. 

Republicans have been making the same promises since at least the beginning of Obama's presidency.  Obama became president in 2008 and here we are, eleven years later, and Republicans still haven't kept those promises.  For about two years or so Republicans had the trifecta -- the presidency plus both houses of congress -- and they still couldn't accomplish anything.  And here they are -- almost at 2020 when we vote for president and senators -- and they are still making the same promises.  Well, why should I trust them to keep those promises when they haven't kept them for the last 11 years or so? 

So you and others say I have to vote Republican to "save us" from the Democrats.  Well, after 11 years of unfulfilled promises, why would you or anyone else think these Republicans are going to "save us" from the Democrats?  Seems to me that if Republicans haven't done squat in 11 years, I can only assume they want what the Democrats want.  So how is voting for any Republican candidate -- not just Trump -- going to "save us" from the Democrats if both parties want the same thing?

I promised my late father I would always vote, but every election, it becomes harder and harder to keep that promise.  I refuse to vote for a "savior"  -- none exists.  And I'm not going to vote for the "lesser of two evils" either -because both are evil.  I could stay home next year and endure the BS that by dong so, I'm actually voting for the Democrat.  But it seems to me, no matter what I do next year, we are all going to end up with the same  karp we have endured the last eleven years.  It's not going to get any better and it likely will get a helluva lot worse.  Won't matter which party is in power.

goopo
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2019, 02:38:23 pm »
Ah, at what point does the man's actual record as president factor into the debate?

Well, for someone who has made up their mind and no amount of action will change it, never. 

It's the "cancel-culture"  You said something racist (by quoting a show) when you were 16, therefore no amount of collecting money for kids with cancer will make up for it.  Not only not make up for it, the Nevers will insist that you be ostracized, minimized and demonized. 

It means they don't have to think, or revise their opinion based on new evidence.  Nope, once the mind is made up, no further effort is required.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2019, 02:43:10 pm »
Well, for someone who has made up their mind and no amount of action will change it, never. 

It's the "cancel-culture"  You said something racist (by quoting a show) when you were 16, therefore no amount of collecting money for kids with cancer will make up for it.  Not only not make up for it, the Nevers will insist that you be ostracized, minimized and demonized. 

It means they don't have to think, or revise their opinion based on new evidence.  Nope, once the mind is made up, no further effort is required.

I suppose not. It just seems silly to base an opinion upon something that was said or done twenty years ago when there's now an abundance of tangible contradictory evidence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2019, 02:50:43 pm »
LOL
Pelosi can't find two matching shoes in her closet.
Can't imagine what she would be like if she had a real job. lol
Much less being President.
Can't you just see her working as a checker?
That will be a nickel? I mean 3 dollars?
Wait no, 30 dollars...or something...I don't know?
Look, just give me some money or something and we will call it even...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2019, 03:37:08 pm »

I’m not the one with tunnel vision. The man was 53, not 16. He’s never been mistaken for a deep thinking evidence analyzing person.  As far as time as president goes, there are moments when his true colors have shown. That has been on full display, with his televised get-togethers among Democrats on the issues like DACA and guns. During the state of the union, he was pushing Ivanka’s pet project, paid family leave. His immediate instincts are to go left. He has to be pulled back, by advisors and special interest groups, later.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2019, 03:41:03 pm »
I suppose not. It just seems silly to base an opinion upon something that was said or done twenty years ago when there's now an abundance of tangible contradictory evidence.

No, there’s the political reality where he can’t say what he really thinks and remain in office. He’s shown glimpses of it, when left to his own devices, in free wheeling, public conferences. Trump is and always has been two things, first and foremost – a liar and a salesman. You’ve fallen for one and bought the other.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2019, 03:53:01 pm »

I’m not the one with tunnel vision. The man was 53, not 16. He’s never been mistaken for a deep thinking evidence analyzing person.  As far as time as president goes, there are moments when his true colors have shown. That has been on full display, with his televised get-togethers among Democrats on the issues like DACA and guns. During the state of the union, he was pushing Ivanka’s pet project, paid family leave. His immediate instincts are to go left. He has to be pulled back, by advisors and special interest groups, later.

We are talking about what he is doing.  You do understand the distinction?

But, if nothing else, you are consistent.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2019, 03:56:05 pm »

No, there’s the political reality where he can’t say what he really thinks and remain in office. He’s shown glimpses of it, when left to his own devices, in free wheeling, public conferences. Trump is and always has been two things, first and foremost – a liar and a salesman. You’ve fallen for one and bought the other.

Frankly I don't care whats going on inside his mind as long as he keeps doing the right thing, at least as often as he has so far.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 03:56:55 pm by skeeter »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2019, 04:06:33 pm »
LOL
Pelosi can't find two matching shoes in her closet.
Can't imagine what she would be like if she had a real job. lol
Much less being President.
Can't you just see her working as a checker?
That will be a nickel? I mean 3 dollars?
Wait no, 30 dollars...or something...I don't know?
Look, just give me some money or something and we will call it even...

At the end of the day, her cash drawer would be full of buttons and trinkets that she thought was real money.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.