Author Topic: Trump Just Threw Pence Under The Bus And Now 'President Pelosi' Is Trending  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Politics
Trump Just Threw Pence Under The Bus And Now 'President Pelosi' Is Trending

Ed Mazza
HuffPostSeptember 26, 2019, 1:14 AM PDT

President Donald Trump dragged Vice President Mike Pence’s name into his growing Ukraine scandal on Wednesday.

The White House released a summary of a conversation in which Trump pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate 2020 Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. But Trump said he was not the only one to speak to Zelensky.

“I think you should ask for Vice President Pence’s conversation because he had a couple of conversations also,” Trump said.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-pence-president-pelosi-081441004.html

Getting worse.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump Just Threw Pence Under The Bus And Now 'President Pelosi' Is Trending
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 09:04:03 pm »
VP Pence has been a loyal "servant" to Trump and Trump has more than once kicked him in the you-know-what.  Or had someone else do it for him.

With Trump, loyalty is a one-way street. 

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 09:11:40 pm »
Pray for America.  Brace yourselves for the upcoming storm.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:11:52 pm »
I heard this last night. I am unsure if that is what this means.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 09:26:45 pm »
Consider the source, a HuffPo writer. Trump is mocking the Dems. Basically he said, "You got nothing from my phone call, so why don't you get more nothing from Pence's phone call transcripts?!" Or maybe Trump is sneakier than just mocking the Dems ... maybe he knows there's something in Pence's phone calls Trump knows the Dems would not want known.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 09:38:03 pm »
What a pant load. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 09:41:05 pm »
Yes, read Pence went to Ukraine around first of September to speak to the Ukraine president about "corruption" in the US.  (Also known as Joe Biden/Hunter Biden.)

Pence follows direction, perhaps without thinking of the consequences.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 09:51:20 pm »
Maybe it is a call to warn other republicans that want Pence for President to say he will take down Pence with him if he goes.

Who knows.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 09:53:48 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Here is the bad part - he has tied Pence to him on this and says both of them will be exonerated.  He put Pence in the hole with him.

"I think you should ask for Vice President Pence’s conversation because he had a couple of conversations also,” Trump said.   Trump also said he and Pence would both be exonerated, and called the vice president’s conversations with Ukraine “perfect.” "

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 09:58:25 pm »
Heres an idea - let’s all fall for another Trump hit piece.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 10:00:44 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Here is the bad part - he has tied Pence to him on this and says both of them will be exonerated.  He put Pence in the hole with him.

"I think you should ask for Vice President Pence’s conversation because he had a couple of conversations also,” Trump said.   Trump also said he and Pence would both be exonerated, and called the vice president’s conversations with Ukraine “perfect.” "

Except that he's not really in a hole. Not only did he do nothing wrong...asking another nation to look into a source of corruption from the previous election is exactly what a President SHOULD do. Further, though an absurdly partisan House may impeach, there is absolutely zero chance of a conviction in the Senate. So the whole exercise is pointless in terms of "removal. Its nothing more than an attempt to smear the President and reduce the impact from the upcoming IG reports....and to push Trump's support down going into the election. Citing the VP who is universally respected as an honest man with a vast reservoir of integrity...simply points out the absurd nature of the entire inquiry.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 10:01:28 pm »
I don't know quite what to make of this.  I find this very odd and really troubling.  Why would Trump do this to Pence unless perhaps Trump wants a stronger VP to him help win re-election.  Cruz?  Haley?  This doesn't quite make sense. 

What has stayed in the back of my mind and IF my thoughts about Trump are correct; that he merely inserted himself into the election to ensure that Cruz never became president, then this makes perfect sense and a President Pelosi is on the horizon.  She could then select Warren as her VP and Warren would then more easily move into the Presidency in 2020.  No opposition of course from Trump and really not a whole lot of time for anyone from the GOP to campaign and get up enough money to oppose her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 10:15:55 pm »
We don't know how this will all play out.  But should Trump go down over this, there is a good possibility that Pence will go down with him. 

Hope you all are prepared for President Pelosi. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 10:34:16 pm »
We don't know how this will all play out.  But should Trump go down over this, there is a good possibility that Pence will go down with him. 

Hope you all are prepared for President Pelosi.
It'll be a cold day in Hell before the American people accept that kind of coup. Even Nixon got to appoint his successor.

If the Democrats want the Oval Office, they'll have to win it. Fair and square, or otherwise. But for all the NeverTrumpers out there who sat the 2016 election out, a solid Christian like Mike Pence would be a hill they'd (we'd) be willing to die on.

You wanna start a culture war? Pull a stunt like this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 10:45:26 pm »
 ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire

Come on, guys!  This isn't a story.  Presidents and VPs talk to foreign officials.  They do it all the time.  It's a significant part of their jobs. 

This isn't Trump's growing Ukraine scandal.  The leftist media complex desperately wants us to think it is, but it isn't.  This is bizarre - our own side buying into this  ****rain man***?

Wow.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 10:50:32 pm »
***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire

Come on, guys!  This isn't a story.  Presidents and VPs talk to foreign officials.  They do it all the time.  It's a significant part of their jobs. 

This isn't Trump's growing Ukraine scandal.  The leftist media complex desperately wants us to think it is, but it isn't.  This is bizarre - our own side buying into this  ****rain man***?

Wow.

Let the haters have a say.  I know I fart in their general direction.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 10:55:38 pm »

Well, ... sure I'm upwind.  <sniff-sniff>    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 10:58:34 pm »

LOL! like cats chasing a laser pointer.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 11:03:54 pm »

There's an emoji for that.   farter000000

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 11:06:32 pm »

Wow.

This indeed may be a big nothing.  Even if the House impeaches, the Senate is likely to either ignore it or vote to acquit. 

All I'm saying is that IF Trump goes down, he may have taken Pence with him.  Trump probably should have said nothing about Pence.    Now he may have put his loyal VP in danger.  Was this deliberate on Trump's part?  If so, it was a rotten thing to do to a decent guy. 

By the way, I'm not a fan of Mike Pence, but if anything should happen, I'd rather have him as president than Pelosi. 

All of you who are confident this will turn out well for Trump and Pence -- I am just saying you should be prepared for the possibility, however slim, that it won't.

Offline verga

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 11:08:15 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 11:09:25 pm »
This indeed may be a big nothing.  Even if the House impeaches, the Senate is likely to either ignore it or vote to acquit. 

All I'm saying is that IF Trump goes down, he may have taken Pence with him.  Trump probably should have said nothing about Pence.    Now he may have put his loyal VP in danger.  Was this deliberate on Trump's part?  If so, it was a rotten thing to do to a decent guy. 

By the way, I'm not a fan of Mike Pence, but if anything should happen, I'd rather have him as president than Pelosi. 

All of you who are confident this will turn out well for Trump and Pence -- I am just saying you should be prepared for the possibility, however slim, that it won't.

Pence has done nothing wrong and still has a job to do.  That's all this is. 

Well, no, that's not all: they're playing us, @Applewood.  Don't get played.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 11:31:53 pm »
There's an emoji for that.   farter000000

I was hoping it smelt of elderberries.  but okay

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2019, 11:36:14 pm »

Or at least talk about it for three days ....  :laugh:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2019, 05:20:27 am »
Maybe it is a call to warn other republicans that want Pence for President to say he will take down Pence with him if he goes.

Who knows.

That's what I thought it sounded like.  He is nervous and doesn't want Pence to become President if he is impeached.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.