Author Topic: Sparks fly at assault-weapons ban hearing on Capitol Hill, ex-cop vows she would 'not comply'  (Read 1432 times)

rangerrebew

Sparks fly at assault-weapons ban hearing on Capitol Hill, ex-cop vows she would 'not comply'
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Retired police officer: I 'will not comply' with an assault weapons ban

Ms. Dianna Muller speaks to members of the House Judiciary Committee during a hearing on 'Protecting America from Assault Weapons'.

A former police officer made a bold proclamation during a congressional hearing Wednesday regarding a proposed assault-weapons ban: she would not comply.

Dianna Muller, who served in the Tulsa Police Department for 22 years and is the founder of gun advocacy group The DC Project, was among the witnesses at the House Judiciary Committee hearing. The session on an otherwise contentious issue flew largely under the radar amid the Trump-Ukraine controversy and Democrats' impeachment push. But reflecting the gun control divide in the country -- amid a spate of deadly mass shootings that prompted renewed calls for strict laws -- Muller said that such a ban would force lawful gun owners to either give up their arms or become criminals.

Sparks fly at assault-weapons ban hearing on Capitol Hill, ex-cop vows she would 'not comply'

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-dems-push-for-assault-weapons-ban
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:16:26 pm by Cyber Liberty »

Offline verga

This will not end well for the libtards come next November.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
This will not end well for the libtards come next November.

It wouldn't go well for Trump either if he supported it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

It wouldn't go well for Trump either if he supported it.

That and nation wide red flag laws ... still waiting to see what happens.  FL is now a red flag law state and it has been used 2,227 times between March 2018, when it took effect, and July 2019.   It is important to realize that out of that number 2,000  guns have been taken way  in the year and a half since the state passed its Red Flag law.  2,000 guns in a year and a half. To me that seem like a staggering amount of weapons being taken. What I didn't realize is that there are 15 other states that have implemented some sort of red flag laws.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/crime/fl-ne-red-flag-law-review-20190921-ygedayoyybaczmpzrrsy7kssdu-story.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Depending on how such a ban would be implemented (I do not think it would pass Congress, and I doubt Trump would sign it, but speaking hypothetically ...), it could violate as many as two or more Constitutional Amendments: the Second, by banning a type of weapon in common possession/usage; the "Takings" clause of the Fifth Amendment.

What should scare the @#$% out the gun-grabbers, though, is that Muller was in law enforcement. Her views - both as to what she possesses and as to her almost certain unwillingness to enforce such a ban - are likely shared by many, likely most, in the law enforcement community. IOW, the people who would be called on to enforce the ban would probably decline, if not resist, it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:23:55 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That and nation wide red flag laws ... still waiting to see what happens.  FL is now a red flag law state and it has been used 2,227 times between March 2018, when it took effect, and July 2019.   It is important to realize that out of that number 2,000  guns have been taken way  in the year and a half since the state passed its Red Flag law.  2,000 guns in a year and a half. To me that seem like a staggering amount of weapons being taken. What I didn't realize is that there are 15 other states that have implemented some sort of red flag laws.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/crime/fl-ne-red-flag-law-review-20190921-ygedayoyybaczmpzrrsy7kssdu-story.html

Washington is too I don't know the numbers.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline verga

Depending on how such a ban would be implemented (I do not think it would pass Congress, and I doubt Trump would sign it, but speaking hypothetically ...), it could violate as many as two or more Constitutional Amendments: the Second, by banning a type of weapon in common possession/usage; the "Takings" clause of the Fifth Amendment.

What should scare the @#$% out the gun-grabbers, though, is that Muller was in law enforcement. Her views - both as to what she possesses and as to her almost certain unwillingness to enforce such a ban - are likely shared by many, likely most, in the law enforcement community. IOW, the people who would be called on to enforce the ban would probably decline, if not resist, it.
I don't remember where I read it, but I saw figure that approximately 50% of the Ar's are privately owned by law enforcement personnel.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't remember where I read it, but I saw figure that approximately 50% of the Ar's are privately owned by law enforcement personnel.
But no one seems to know exactly how many ARs are out there. Numbers range from 5 to 10 million, and that can't account for unfinished receivers made into working rifles, because those were not FFL transferred and not weapons when sold.

If people paid cash, the government can only estimate what is out there, who might have it, and how much ammo they have for it.

But the bottom line is this. THe 2nd Amendment does not grant anyone a Right (in fact, the Constitution doesn't grant any Rights). The COnstitution grants limited powers to the Federal Government,  and limits those powers. The Second Amendment merely recognizes the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, to keep the Militia (Army, in 1780s English) well controlled (regulated) so it could not be used to impose tyranny on The People.
An Army is necessary to the security of a Free State, but so is controlling that Army, which is exactly what the predicate clause is about. The Power, however, is to remain with The People, and Government is to keep its grubby legislating fingers off the Right.
The Second Amendment is not a grant of a Right, but a specific limitation of the power of the Government.

Every one of those SOBs up there in DC swore an oath,

In the House:
“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

In the Senate:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

To even propose legislation encumbering the Second Amendment Rights of American Citizens, these people are in violation of their oaths of office, and what's more, in violation (prima facie) of 18 U.S. Code § 241, conspiring to deprive Americans of their Civil Rights.

Where's the DOJ on this one?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Whether 5 or 10 or 100 million AR-15s, why are there so many millions of the things "out there" but almost no mass shootings done using the things? They're supposed to be the mass shooter's "Weapon of Choice" or some other bogeyman.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Whether 5 or 10 or 100 million AR-15s, why are there so many millions of the things "out there" but almost no mass shootings done using the things? They're supposed to be the mass shooter's "Weapon of Choice" or some other bogeyman.
Well, lately, the most effective mass murderer's weapons of choice in the US have been

Two Boeing 767-200ERs (Twin Towers)

a Boeing 757-200 (Pentagon)

Another Boeing 757-200 (Shanksville, PA)

A rental truck (Make, model unknown although the VIN from the axle should have revealed both) (OK CIty)

So, trucks and airplanes take the top 5 spots.

Although subject to historical contention and somewhat questionable as to intent, blankets have been blamed for the alleged largest mass killing in the (now) US, although debate exists as to whether it was European introduced Smallpox or an earlier plague which severely reduced American Indian numbers on the continent, and as to whether any plague introduced was done so with malice and forethought and reasonable anticipation of that effect.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:32:21 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Will someone please explain to me WHY we "need" such laws,when for as long as I can remember,the police have had no trouble at all getting a court order to TEMPORARILY seize any weapons in the possession of someone considered to be a threat?

Granted,under the original system it was harder to have guns seized because there had to have been an actual court ruling issued to seize the guns from that individual,but nonetheless,this system was already in place and had been working for 100+ years.

This is nothing put upping the water in the pot by 10 degrees to get it closer to boiling. Ten years of this,and then they will be ready to proclaim weapons are too dangerous to "allow" regular citizens (NOT the politically-connected or their bodyguards) keep them in their homes,and to own one you MUST belong to a police-approved gun club and keep the gun and all ammunition for it stored there,and be required to get a police permit to be allowed to leave the gun club with it.

Gee,I wonder  how hard it will be to confiscate guns to destroy them once THAT system is in place?

Also,will someone PLEASE remind me WHY we fought the Nazi's,and spent decades and trillions of dollars "fighting" the USSR in the so-called "Cold War"?

Wouldn't it have been simpler to have just surrendered in 1941?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@verga

LEO's need not worry about it. THEY will be "allowed" to keep the weapons they have at home.

For at least a decade,anyway. By the end of Year One that right will slowly be eroded by "small" steps like requiring them to register and get permission from the head of their organization. A few years will pass,and suddenly they will have to leave them at the police station and check them out when they want to use them,providing they bring them back the same day,and can account for all the ammo they checked out by presenting empty cases.

Eventually they will be subjected to the same system perfected in the "Holy Mother Communist Russia" that police there used. They would check out their hand guns and ammunition,and sign for them. At the end of each shift they had to turn them back in,and account for any missing ammo or shots fired. I am not sure if "special police" like those that worked for the NKVD had to do this,but I am guessing all but management and other white collar cops like detectives did.

BTW,on my last trip to Russia a couple of years after the collapse of Communism,I took several copies of The Shotgun News to every Russian gunshop I could find,and dropped them off. You should have seen the looks in their eyes when they scanned the ads and asked me "Regular people can just buy these any time they want?????"

BTW-2,it seemed that MOST gun shop owners in Russia back then were ex-cops. Which makes sense since nobody,with the exception of trappers in Siberia, but cops or soldiers in Russia had even shot a rifle or handgun. Even then I am guessing the trappers were ex-soldiers.

The ONE universal truth about governments and the people who run them is they are both protective of their privileges.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

But the bottom line is this. THe 2nd Amendment does not grant anyone a Right (in fact, the Constitution doesn't grant any Rights). The COnstitution grants limited powers to the Federal Government,  and limits those powers. The Second Amendment merely recognizes the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, to keep the Militia (Army, in 1780s English) well controlled (regulated) so it could not be used to impose tyranny on The People.

@Smokin Joe
@mystery-ak

Thanks,Joe! WE rule the legislators via the ballot box,and THEY owe their positions to US. This can never be stated too often.

In FACT,that one paragraph would make a good addition to the welcome page and at the top of other pages on political web sites.  Leftists need to be informed of this for the first time,and even we conservatives need to have our memories refreshed occasionally.

And the political professionals need to be reminded of this on a daily basis.