Author Topic: SF residents buy boulders, place them on sidewalk to thwart homeless tents  (Read 1272 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/SF-residents-buy-boulders-place-them-on-sidewalk-14464233.php

SF residents buy boulders, place them on sidewalk to thwart homeless tents

Residents of a San Francisco side street are so fed up with tents pitched on the sidewalk by homeless people that they have trucked in boulders to discourage camping.

About two dozen of the massive rocks, each weighing hundreds of pounds, create barriers on a half-block stretch of Clinton Park, a side street off Market and Dolores streets. The boulders don't block the sidewalk, but do limit the space available for tents.

Neighbor David Smith-Tan told KTVU that his family received a letter from the neighborhood about a month ago addressing the sidewalk problem.

"A bunch of my neighbors, we all chipped in a few hundred dollars and I guess this is what they came up with," he said.

Smith-Tan said the area is frequented by drug users who will "shoot up and stay overnight."

The city of SF does worse than nothing, so residents are taking their own action. Sadly, I think things will escalate, unless the city does other than enabling and subsidizing homelessness.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Re: SF residents buy boulders, place them on sidewalk to thwart homeless tents
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 01:18:26 am »
https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/SF-residents-buy-boulders-place-them-on-sidewalk-14464233.php

The city of SF does worse than nothing, so residents are taking their own action. Sadly, I think things will escalate, unless the city does other than enabling and subsidizing homelessness.

I just googled Market and Dolores St in San Fran. A big, rancid homeless encampment prominently featured on Google Maps.
A literal, liberal shi*hole.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 01:27:46 pm »
I just googled Market and Dolores St in San Fran. A big, rancid homeless encampment prominently featured on Google Maps.
A literal, liberal shi*hole.

About 20 years ago I had to do some business up in SF, so I drove up US101 to the southernmost BART station (this was before BART was brought into SFO and Milbrae), and took BART into SF. My destination was 1/2 or 3/4 of a mile from a BART station, so I walked. I walked very carefully, to avoid bum-waste. I was not as bad then, but the current situation has been over 20 years in development. SF subsidized and enabled homelessness and drug use and got lots more of it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 02:34:58 pm »

So how long will it take for the City to pass an ordinance prohibiting this practice?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »
I might be movin' to San Fransico soon
Just to raise me up a crop of rock type bolders Raisin' it up
lay'n them down
In a big white box
I can sell uptown
By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

San Francisco homeless crisis prompts neighborhood to put boulders on sidewalk to deter campers

By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

A residential side street in San Francisco now resembles a scene out of the rocky West after a group of neighbors banded together to place about two dozen boulders along the sidewalk to try and deter homeless people from camping out amid the city's ongoing crisis.

Neighbors along Clinton Park in the city's Mission Dolores neighborhood said the rocks are meant to keep drug users from having a space to shoot up as they camp out overnight.

"They'll shoot up and stay overnight," neighbor David Smith-Tan told KTVU. "A bunch of my neighbors, we all chipped in a few hundred dollars and I guess this is what they came up with

https://www.foxnews.com/us/homeless-crisis-san-francisco-neighborhood-boulder-sidewalk

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 04:39:18 pm »
So how long will it take for the City to pass an ordinance prohibiting this practice?
Ot long at all since there is already an ordinance on the books about blocking a sidewalk k. When lebne er enforced against the homeless the property owners will be both fined and charged outrageous rates to remove the boulders.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 05:02:23 pm »
Homeless crisis

Addict Crisis

California voters decriminalized marijuans, voted Props 47 and 57 and AB 109

(AB is the dem  dominated assembly)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 06:10:50 pm »
Homeless crisis

Addict Crisis

California voters decriminalized marijuans, voted Props 47 and 57 and AB 109

(AB is the dem  dominated assembly)

While those have probably been contributory, SF's homeless infestation predates those by well over a decade.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 07:46:33 pm »
These folks will be charged with being mean to bums.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 08:01:50 pm »

They aren't bums!  They just lack job-lock.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 08:18:19 pm »
They shouldn't be allowed, after all, this is what they voted for.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 10:18:21 pm »
A new boulder tax is right around the corner.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 10:43:21 pm »

Calling these homeless people bums, is an insult bums.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

Radio host: California leaders 'refuse' to act on homeless crisis, so residents taking matters into their own hands
By Joshua Nelson | Fox News

San Francisco residents use boulders to deter homeless

Talk radio host Mike Slater says residents are taking matters into their own hands to deter the homeless since the state and local governments in California will not.

California radio host Mike Slater said that San Francisco residents are taking matters into their own hands to address the homeless crisis since the state government refuses to act.

A residential side street in the city now resembles a scene out of the rocky West after a group of neighbors banded together to place about two dozen boulders along the sidewalk to try and deter homeless people from camping out amid the city's ongoing crisis.

Slater told “Fox & Friends” Wednesday that it's the result of state and local governments refusing to act for decades and whenever action is taken, it makes the problem worse for businesses, residents and even the homeless themselves.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mike-slater-san-francisco-homeless-crisis-boulders

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 06:23:52 pm »
Mike Slater is on San Diego's KFMB on weekdays. Since San Diego is some 500 or more miles from SF, I'm not sure why Fox News didn't talk to Brian Sussman or Michael Savage, conservatalk hosts who actually work in and live near SF (for decades, in both cases). Maybe Slater has SF ties. In a similar vein, SFGate.com is the website of the San Francisco Chronicle (Comical), also a local source.

As I suggested above, I do not think things will end with the placement of the boulders. The advocates for bums - using the term for brevity - will try to force their removal, the bums will get more bold in their obnoxiousness, and citizens will defend their persons, properties, and businesses. If citizens are forced to do the latter, it will be ugly, and Doh! Mayor and the Board of Stuporvisors should take steps to avert that citizen necessity. I have zero confidence they have that kind of courage.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 06:28:51 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This latest article has comments from Ben Carson, sorry I missed the original article, this one has a few new things in it.

'Liberal' San Francisco Residents Put Boulders on Sidewalks to Stop Homeless Sleeping Giant rocks prevent homeless people sleeping rough in Nancy Pelosi's California city  By: Jay Greenberg |@NeonNettle on 27th September 2019 @ 1.00am

As the homelessness crisis spirals out of control in Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's "liberal" San Francisco, residents in the "progressive" city have started putting boulders on the sidewalks to stop homeless people sleeping there.

A barrier of giant boulders now sits along a sidewalk stretching half a block on Clinton Park in the Mission Dolores neighborhood.

But Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson rejected the housing aid request in a letter, saying that California's policies on law enforcement, an overregulated housing market and sanctuary policies regarding people living in the country illegally have driven up housing costs while increasing demand.

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/8916--liberal-san-francisco-residents-put-boulders-on-sidewalks-to-stop-homeless-sleeping
© Neon Nettle

Good article, pictures, more including comments by HUD Secretary, Ben Carson.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:38:07 am by TomSea »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 02:20:15 pm »
[Sarcasm] The Sacred Homeless [/Sarcasm] are not homogeneous. There are some who are sober, skilled, and employed, but are unable to find and afford an apartment or house. They are the ones affected by what Carson (for whom I would have voted in California's meaningless 2016 Primary, had he not dropped out so early) accurately called out. Government has created housing scarcity, with predictable rising costs as people wanting housing bid up the price.

But these are not the ones camping on sidewalks and along creeks or littering parks with their persons. They are living in motorhomes, vans, and cars at night. Many of these are likely eventually to save up enough $$ that they can get a place (OK, at $2000 per month rent, how much would it cost to pay the move-in cost of first and last month's rent plus a month's rent security deposit?!). The term I've heard to describe these people, to distinguish them from the chronically/willfully homeless is Houseless.

The ones camping on sidewalks and along creeks or littering parks with their persons are a mix of people who are insane, chemically dependent, and those simply unwilling to abide by normal social "rules". SF has been subsidizing and enabling these people and their chemical habits (Can you say, "Needle exchange programs"?) for 2 or 3 decades, and gotten more of what they subsidized, predictably. What has been in development for 20 or 30 years is not going to be solved by a year or two of anything, and throwing $$ at it subsidizes it.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 07:34:59 pm »
Of course.
San Francisco removes boulders placed by residents to stop vagrants
By Kenneth Garger
September 30, 2019

San Francisco’s Public Works Department removed the vagrant-deterring boulders placed on a city street by residents fed up over the city’s burgeoning homeless crisis, a report said.

The deterrents were being repeatedly shoved into the street — posing a safety concern — and the city’s public works agency said placing them back on the sidewalk was wasting too much time, the department’s director, Mohammed Nuru, told CNN.

Nuru also said residents of the Mission Dolores neighborhood were being bombarded by phone calls from homeless advocates opposed to the initiative.

The neighbors were also the target of hate mail, Nuru told the network.

The news is a reversal from last week when the public works agency said it had no plans to remove the boulders since they didn’t obstruct the sidewalk.  ...
More at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 11:35:10 pm »
The removal was because the Sacred Homeless kept rolling the boulders into the street. Not because the residents placed them on sidewalks. Since The City (as they arrogantly call themselves) has done nothing to alleviate the problem, I do not think this is the last round. And it may be that the "homeless advocacy" groups made themselves targets in the process of this first round.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 11:58:30 pm »
The removal was because the Sacred Homeless kept rolling the boulders into the street. Not because the residents placed them on sidewalks. Since The City (as they arrogantly call themselves) has done nothing to alleviate the problem, I do not think this is the last round. And it may be that the "homeless advocacy" groups made themselves targets in the process of this first round.

Next time the neighbors are going to mortar the boulders in place to keep the bums from rolling them anywhere.
I will NOT comply.