Author Topic: Ivanka Trump is reportedly pushing Trump toward gun control. Donald Trump Jr. is fighting back  (Read 255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ivanka Trump is reportedly pushing Trump toward gun control. Donald Trump Jr. is fighting back.
12:01 p.m.

In one corner, we have Ivanka Trump and Attorney General William Barr. And in the other, we have Donald Trump Jr.

These are the two sides warring for Trump's favor in an ongoing debate over gun restrictions, Politico reports. Ivanka Trump's faction is reportedly looking for increased restrictions on gun sales and stronger background checks, while Donald Trump Jr.'s is warning him against it — but neither side seems to have curried the president's favor just yet.

As more and more mass shootings make headlines, and as gun violence continues to be an epidemic across the U.S., two sides have formed in the White House. Ivanka Trump and Attorney General William Barr both insist Trump can institute "expanded background checks for gun sales" and "win back moderate suburban voters in the process," people involved in the discussions tell Politico. Donald Trump Jr., along with a top aide to acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, meanwhile say Trump will lose his conservative base if he "pushes too aggressively on new gun control legislation," Politico reports. It has all amounted in absolute gridlock within the White House, with Trump reportedly staying mum on what side he prefers.

White House spokesperson Hogan Gidley called the story "ridiculous," and said "we are completely united in developing ... meaningful solutions that will protect the Second Amendment, make American communities safer and potentially prevent these types of tragedies from ever occurring again."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/867026/ivanka-trump-reportedly-pushing-trump-toward-gun-control-donald-trump-jr-fighting-back
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Bumpety bump!

Are we really at a place where zero is the response to gun control coming from this administration?  @mystery-ak posted two days ago.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:59:24 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

@Chosen Daughter

Sorry.  I missed this.  Was out and about plus the system crashed.  I think I missed a lot.

I have never liked the kids' influence in the White House. What do they know about major issues -- especially Ivanka?  And her husband -- ick.  Junior -- double ick.  Trump has had some good advisers, but I suspect they don't have Dad's ear -- the kids do.  When did the presidency become the royal family?

Offline bilo

@Chosen Daughter

Sorry.  I missed this.  Was out and about plus the system crashed.  I think I missed a lot.

I have never liked the kids' influence in the White House. What do they know about major issues -- especially Ivanka?  And her husband -- ick.  Junior -- double ick.  Trump has had some good advisers, but I suspect they don't have Dad's ear -- the kids do. When did the presidency become the royal family?

Clinton's - hillary tried to get healthcare passed.
The Bush's
obama - whatever his wifes's name, she sure had opinions.

I agree with your point about Trump's kids. I think Melania has been a great first lady. She's been classy and has not interfered.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

I have never liked the kids' influence in the White House. What do they know about major issues -- especially Ivanka?  And her husband -- ick.  Junior -- double ick.  Trump has had some good advisers, but I suspect they don't have Dad's ear -- the kids do.  When did the presidency become the royal family?

The whole deal is wrong.  I noticed that the site has been down a couple times.  What is happening?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Clinton's - hillary tried to get healthcare passed.
The Bush's
obama - whatever his wifes's name, she sure had opinions.

I agree with your point about Trump's kids. I think Melania has been a great first lady. She's been classy and has not interfered.

I don't recall the Bush wives advising the president.  Maybe they did, but I recall them mostly involved in their own  pet projects.   Laura Bush was into improving literacy, but she had a background as a librarian, I think.  Her experience was related to the issue IMHO.

Then we had Michelle, a supposed attorney, telling school kids and the rest of us what to eat (and judging from her appearance, it seems her diet wasn't that perfect).  Where was her education and experience in nutrition?

The Trump kids -- I'm not sure about their education and experience in many things.  Ivanka -- what does she know about guns and the Second Amendment?  What do any of them know about any of the subjects they supposedly advise the president on? 

And another thing:  Aren't at least some of the kids liberal?  I believe Ivanka is.  Isn't she the one who pushed her father into some sort of family leave thing?  If so, that's a liberal dream.  If Trump is conservative, why would he listen to such advice?  I shudder to think what advice she is giving her father about gun control. 

If the kids actually contributed advice that was worthwhile -- based on their education, experience and expertise -- I might be ok with that.  But I think about the only expertise these kids have is living off Daddy. 

And n I do like Mrs. Trump.  She's a classy lady.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:45:20 pm by Applewood »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How the hell does anyone commenting on this know this is even true?

Dear God, have we not enough  :bs: to plough through without piling on????   

Let this nonsense die a natural death.