Author Topic: Corporate America Has Found a Way to Turn a Profit Off Being Green  (Read 659 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Corporate America Has Found a Way to Turn a Profit Off Being Green
« on: September 23, 2019, 02:40:24 pm »
Nike Inc. has come up with a way to weave more efficiently, reducing the raw material and labor time needed to make each shoe. That has kept more than 3.5 million pounds of waste from reaching landfills since 2012. But the good news doesn’t stop with the environmental impact. The company is spending less on transportation, materials and waste disposal.

Those flimsy plastic water bottles sold by Nestle SA? The ultra-thin design has a smaller impact on the environment while pushing down costs associated with packaging and shipping. Amazon.com Inc. and Walmart Inc. have poured tens of millions of dollars into a fund that builds out recycling infrastructure, reducing landfill tipping fees and recovering material that could be sold as new products.

“We’ve moved past this concept that business versus the environment is a tradeoff,” said Tom Murray, who advises companies on reducing emissions at Environmental Defense Fund, including Walmart, McDonald’s Corp. and Procter & Gamble Co. “The business benefits were always there, but more and more companies are going after them.”

bloomberg

Going green often makes sense long-term. It's just about getting over the hump of the initial investment sometimes
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online roamer_1

Re: Corporate America Has Found a Way to Turn a Profit Off Being Green
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:41:52 pm »

Going green often makes sense long-term. It's just about getting over the hump of the initial investment sometimes

Right. Crony corporatism keeping out competition by way of regulation.
That always works.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 04:58:09 pm »
I stopped reading when I read this lie

What it pays: With renewables now cheaper than fossil fuels, these green energy commitments shave an estimated 10% off tech giants’ gargantuan utility bills.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 05:15:46 pm »

Wow, you really have a whole lot to learn about the real world don't you?  And p.s. I worked in the environmental profession for nearly 40 years.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:16:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 05:18:24 pm »
Right. Crony corporatism keeping out competition by way of regulation.
That always works.

Yup.  Rent-seekers at work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 06:45:44 pm »
Much of corporate america is led by our crony capitalist posse who live
in DC and whose one and only mission is to continually fatten their wallets.
Their bitching over the China tariffs is Exhibit A, as corrupt Chinese
behavior of cheating, lying and stealing is of no concern to them. None