Author Topic: What Is the Average American Savings Account Balance?  (Read 3059 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: What Is the Average American Savings Account Balance?
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2019, 06:05:31 pm »
Yes, and we're still having fun with this one.  Aren't you glad we didn't lose him in the Crash?

Third time's the charm?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2019, 06:25:28 pm »
Third time's the charm?

Exactly! Which is why this old boy is NEVER going to take another flu shot!  Barely survived the first two taken approx 30 years apart.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2019, 01:47:40 am »
catfish wrote:
"I prep 3 budgets annually.  Normal, Austere, and Emergency."

What's a "budget" ....?
(never had one, ever)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2019, 02:07:40 am »
I was brought up where you should have about half year wages in your savings account to fall back on. Do people still do that? I don’t know too many people who don’t have more than a couple thousand saved up. I also know quite a few who have none.
I had enough to get through a couple of years....now down to a couple of months. Boom/bust economies stink on ice...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis