Author Topic: Walmart to quit selling e-cigarettes amid vaping backlash  (Read 740 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Walmart to quit selling e-cigarettes amid vaping backlash
« on: September 23, 2019, 02:06:35 pm »
The nation’s largest retailer said Friday that it will stop selling electronic cigarettes at its namesake stores and Sam’s Clubs in the U.S. when it sells out its current inventory.

The nation’s largest retailer said the move is due to “growing federal, state and local regulatory complexity” regarding vaping products. It also comes after several hundred people have mysteriously fallen ill after vaping, and eight have died.

ap
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline corbe

Re: Walmart to quit selling e-cigarettes amid vaping backlash
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 02:09:39 pm »
Go stock up on Juul pods

by Tiana Lowe

September 23, 2019 09:33 AM

Having learned nothing more than a century after the start of Prohibition and decades of the drug war's utter and complete failure, the federal government has decided to turn legal vaping into enemy No. 1.

So what if the Sackler family walks free while 130 Americans die of opioid overdoses per day? The nanny state has an axe to grind with your vapes.

The Trump administration's push to all but ban vaping from the legal market isn't quite a war on e-cigarettes. That would imply that it's the nicotine pods that are causing a curious strain of lung problems in vapers, when in all likelihood, it's illegal THC-laced pods from the black market that are responsible. Naturally, both parties have joined forces to push the legal vape pods to the black market and make it just as easy as before to buy the illegal ones that might just kill you.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/go-stock-up-on-juul-pods
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 03:47:12 pm »
I think it's bizarre they would discontinue E-cigs but still sell tobacco. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 02:04:15 pm »
Less than 10 deaths from vaping compared to about 3,500 from distracted driving, over 10,000 from Drunk driving, 480,000 from smoking, almost 640,000 abortions per year. Somebody's priorities are screwed up.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 02:16:56 pm »
I think it's bizarre they would discontinue E-cigs but still sell tobacco.

Whatever gets the headlines.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 02:39:58 pm »
Less than 10 deaths from vaping compared to about 3,500 from distracted driving, over 10,000 from Drunk driving, 480,000 from smoking, almost 640,000 abortions per year. Somebody's priorities are screwed up.

Don't forget about the 15,000 homicides and numerous suicides.

Actually, I guess you can add Vaping to the Smoking category. So that would make it a larger priority.  :shrug:

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 03:53:07 pm »
Don't forget about the 15,000 homicides and numerous suicides.

Actually, I guess you can add Vaping to the Smoking category. So that would make it a larger priority.  :shrug:

We must keep out priorities straight when we are crushing Liberty under the boot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 01:01:07 pm »
Walmart seems to be adopting the "Get woke go broke" business model.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 02:41:13 pm »
Heard something on the news this AM that the President of JUUL is resigning, over issues with the flavored pods.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 03:01:46 pm »
I occasionally vape. I’m an adult, but since I’m an active alumni at my alma mater I’m amazed at how many kids under 21 vape. Back in the day in the 80s when I was in college everyone smoked. Today it seems like every one vapes.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️