Author Topic: Breaking: Bomb disposal officers responding to suspect package at UK's Manchester Airport  (Read 209 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
World News
September 23, 2019 / 3:23 AM
Bomb disposal officers responding to suspect package at UK's Manchester Airport

LONDON (Reuters) - Bomb disposal officers have been despatched to deal with a suspicious package at Manchester Airport on Monday, police said, adding a man had been detained by officers at the scene.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-security-manchester-idUSKBN1W80MY

Better safe than sorry.

Often, it seems there was no threat to begin with but they spotted something and are being cautious.

Offline goatprairie

Better safe than sorry.

Often, it seems there was no threat to begin with but they spotted something and are being cautious.
The wife and just returned from a trip to France and England. While going through Heathrow on our departure a small dog came running up to my suitcase, sniffed awhile, and then stopped. An airport security person told me there was something in my suitcase.
She then asked me what was in there other than clothes. My wife said some paper money was inside.
It seems much paper money has drug residue on it.
The security people seemed satisfied with my wife's answer and sent us on our way.
But for a while I thought we'd be hauled away to some back room and given an anal inspection or something.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused