Author Topic: China has already lost the trade war. Here's why  (Read 827 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

China has already lost the trade war. Here's why
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:58:28 pm »
China already lost in the trade war with the U.S. Although you will never hear Chinese authorities, especially President Xi Jinping, admit it as such, the evidence is everywhere and only becoming more compelling by the day.

Reuters recently reported that based on the Chinese government's own data, China's economic slowdown has worsened in August, with "growth in industrial production is at its weakest in 17-1/2 years amid spreading pain from a trade war with the United States and softening domestic demand. Retail sales and investment gauges worsened too." Despite such poor readings, Premier Li Keqiang insists that China is still on track to achieve 6 to 6.5 per cent growth rate this year.

Given the Chinese government's tendency to present a rosier economic picture to satisfy political goals, most China watchers believe that Li's statement was an about-face, and that the actual economic situation is much worse.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/helen-raleigh-china-lost-trade-war
The Chinese economy was growing for years at our expense.

And it seems the Chinese just cannot do without their pork.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: China has already lost the trade war. Here's why
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 12:51:14 am »
The Chinese economy was growing for years at our expense.

And it seems the Chinese just cannot do without their pork.

I would not go so far as to say they "lost," but if this is a war of attrition, we will outlast them if other things remain equal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: China has already lost the trade war. Here's why
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 02:03:53 am »
I would not go so far as to say they "lost," but if this is a war of attrition, we will outlast them if other things remain equal.
I believe China's attention is so much on what is happening in Hong Kong that the trade stuff with the US has lessened in priority.

Lose Hong Kong's wealth and innovation, and down goes China and all its ambitions.

Particularly if a lot of those leaving HK migrate to Taiwan, which is their natural inclination.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington