Author Topic: Biden's campaign likely coming to an end -- thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says  (Read 316 times)

Offline libertybele

Gee ... looks like the DEM nominee will be Pocahontas!

Biden's campaign likely coming to an end -- thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says

California Rep. Devin Nunes predicted on Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures" that Joe Biden's campaign is likely coming to an end -- all because of newly resurfaced reports about his possible misconduct in Ukraine that "first originated back when Hillary Clinton was trying to make sure Biden didn’t get in the race."

The top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee made the claim as The Des Moines Register/CNN/Mediacom poll showed Sen. Elizabeth Warren surging ahead of Biden as the first choice of 22 percent of the voters surveyed, while Biden was the first choice of 20 percent of the voters. Biden held a 9-point lead over Warren in the poll as recently as June.

Nunes, speaking to anchor Maria Bartiromo, said a whistleblower's allegation that President Trump had acted inappropriately during a July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will ultimately backfire, and shine a light on Biden's own possible misconduct. CNN later acknowledged that the whistleblower had no first-hand knowledge of the call, and a top Ukrainian official on Saturday defended Trump's actions.............

..............."These stories first originated back when Hillary Clinton was trying to make sure Biden didn’t get in the race," Nunes said. "So now that these have been resurrected, I don’t know who came up with the scheme -- maybe this whistleblower really is not a partisan. We want to hear from that whistleblower, but it sure looks like the scheme has backfired. And, like I said, it looks like this is the end of Biden’s campaign. I really do... his lead is basically down to zero."........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-campaign-coming-to-an-end-thanks-to-ukraine-story-linked-to-hillary-clinton-nunes-says
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

I don't know.  This whole mess just might stir up those determined to end Trump's reign. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't know.  This whole mess just might stir up those determined to end Trump's reign.

How would it affect Trump?

Offline libertybele

I don't think so.  What is becoming apparent is they don't want an old DEM like Biden; they tried an old Dem with Hillary and lost and they can't afford another loss to Trump.  They created a position for Wigwam and she is who they wanted.  She's far enough to the left and female.  She'll take over Bernie's base, she'll appeal to the female voters, the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ's and if she picks a Hispanic, I believe she just may give the DEM's the oval office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

I don't think so.  What is becoming apparent is they don't want an old DEM like Biden; they tried an old Dem with Hillary and lost and they can't afford another loss to Trump.  They created a position for Wigwam and she is who they wanted.  She's far enough to the left and female.  She'll take over Bernie's base, she'll appeal to the female voters, the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ's and if she picks a Hispanic, I believe she just may give the DEM's the oval office.

I can't believe a majority would support a two faced manipulator regardless of the identity politics. The alphabet people are not a majority of the country and middle America is pretty fed up with their non-stop movement to destroy all that is good about this country. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What happenned, now?

Only last week they were counting up the Republican support for Biden

Does that support, go over to Wigwam Warren now?

You know, those splendid paragons of virtue, morality, etc. Like Mitt "Sunday Show" Romney, Jeff "Sunday Show" Flake, 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And yet Elizabeth Warren has the same toxicity that Hillary had. It's as if they've learned the wrong lessons from 2016.

The Democratic Party's left wing is not yet at the point where it can impose its will on the right and center combined. Hillary lost because she was toxic to the center, and enough of the center—especially populist-friendly centrists in the upper midwestern states like PA, MI, WI—were willing to shift to Trump to counteract those of us on the right who couldn't bring ourselves to do the same.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bilo

And yet Elizabeth Warren has the same toxicity that Hillary had. It's as if they've learned the wrong lessons from 2016.

The Democratic Party's left wing is not yet at the point where it can impose its will on the right and center combined. Hillary lost because she was toxic to the center, and enough of the center—especially populist-friendly centrists in the upper midwestern states like PA, MI, WI—were willing to shift to Trump to counteract those of us on the right who couldn't bring ourselves to do the same.

I was one of those life long conservatives who didn't trust Trump. I sure will this time and I think a lot of other people who didn't vote for him the first time will the second time.

I just don't see a majority of hard working Americans voting for an elitist, two faced, lying fake Indian.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele

My opinion:

"Biden's campaign likely coming to an end..." - stupid/ridiculous statement by this writer.  Used this headline to get people to read it.

The poll mentioned is an Iowa poll that has Warren at 22% and Biden at 20%.  It is not a national poll.

"A 2017 investigation by Politico found that Ukrainian officials not only publicly sought to undermine Trump by questioning his fitness for office, but also worked behind the scenes to secure a Clinton victory. Trump told Fox News that the allegations of possible Clinton-Ukraine collusion were "big" and vowed they would be reviewed by the DOJ."

The above paragraph is also stupid/ridiculous.  Politico is not an law enforcement investigative agency.
The rest was Trump saying that on Fox News and there was no mention of what Hillary did - just an accusation with no facts, typical of Trump.  Throw it out there and some will believe it.

About the gas company case when Biden's son was on the board of this company:  That case had closed before this prosecutor of numerous cases was removed from office and that happened due to several countries, not only the US, wanting this prosecutor removed from office.  So, he was removed but not because of the gas company case as it was already closed.  This is the rest of the story which is not being told.

I am seeing many stupid and ridiculous headlines about each candidate and each party.  Don't believe any "alarming", "wild", "gotcha", headlines.  The headline of this article is one of them. Do research to find out what the truth is.  Do not accept as truth one article with a headline like that.

And, don't believe it just because it is something bad about your opponent.  The truth is the truth no matter whom it is about.

Online kevindavis007

Don't think so.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Applewood

@Victoria33

You make good points about all this.  I might add:  Not only is this one poll in one state, but it's still early yet.  I'm of the view that polls are meaningless, but particularly so this far away from next year.  And poll results change almost hourly.  So Warren is ahead now, but by this afternoon Biden may take the lead. 

And I am of the opinion that this Ukraine non-controversy just might enliven Biden's campaign.  He and his son may be perceived as a victim of Trump's shenanigans.  This could ignite Biden's base and maybe persuade others to move to his camp. 

As long as Biden can still raise money, I think he's going to stay in the race.