Author Topic: Here's what's on the menu at the Trumps' state dinner with Australia  (Read 521 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's what's on the menu at the Trumps' state dinner with Australia
by Caitlin Yilek
 | September 20, 2019 08:41 AM

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump are hosting their second state dinner Friday night for Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and his wife, Jenny Morrison.

The Australian leader and his wife are set to arrive at the White House at 7 p.m., when they will be greeted by the Trumps. The couples will then participate in a reception in the Yellow Oval Room before the Trumps move to the Blue Room for a receiving line.

The dinner is expected to begin at 8:20 p.m. in the Rose Garden.

Attendees will dine on sunchoke ravioli with Reggiano cream and shaved summer vegetables during the first course. Dover sole with parsley crisps, zucchini squash blossoms, fennel mousseline, and baby garlic rouille will be served as the main course. Dessert is a lady apple tart with calvados ice cream.

Three different wines will be paired with each course: Spring Mountain Sauvignon Blanc 2017 for the first course, Argyle Pinot Noir “Reserve” 2016 for the main course, and J Demi-Sec NV with dessert.

“The menu for the State Dinner with Australia highlights the lush, late summer season across the vast lands of America. The menu pays homage to Australia’s special blend of culinary adaptations from its various cultures, not unlike the diverse food traditions of the United States,” the first lady’s office said.

The green and gold color scheme for the evening is a nod to Australia’s national flower, the golden wattle. The first lady selected china settings from the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.

Military musicians from the United States Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force, will provide the musical entertainment for the night.

The guest list and the details of the first lady’s gown have not yet been released.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/heres-whats-on-the-menu-at-the-trumps-state-dinner-with-australia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Here's what's on the menu at the Trumps' state dinner with Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 03:33:36 pm »
The color scheme for the evening is green and gold in a nod to Australia's national flower. White and yellow roses will fill the Rose Garden, where the dinner will take place. The centerpieces alone are made of 2,500 roses.

Full Menu
First Course
Sunchoke Ravioli
Reggiano Cream
Shaved Summer Vegetables

Main Course
Dover Sole with Parsley Crisps
Zucchini Squash Blossoms
Fennel Mousseline
Baby Garlic Rouille

Dessert
Lady Apple Tart
Calvados Ice Cream

The china for the evening will be a mix of the settings from the Clinton and Bush administrations.

more
https://www.businessinsider.com/australian-state-dinner-white-house-menu-decor-photos-2019-9#golden-champagne-grapes-which-you-can-see-here-on-the-left-will-be-on-each-table-too-highlighting-the-richness-of-each-of-the-countries-wine-industries-7
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:02:50 pm »
Glad I'm not invited and no, this isn't a slam against Trump.  It's just that I like my food plain and simple.    Not a fan of hoity-toity. And since I retired, I don't get dressed up for anything.

Having the military bands as entertainment is a nice touch, though.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 07:03:55 pm »
Glad I'm not invited and no, this isn't a slam against Trump.  It's just that I like my food plain and simple.    Not a fan of hoity-toity. And since I retired, I don't get dressed up for anything.

My sentiments as well.  Simple food, prepared well.
And you can always play a record or find a military band on YouTube. I might prefer calmer music to listen to while I'm eating.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 08:47:02 pm »

My taste in food is simple as well.  I would have been starved in that scenario. But I guess if I had to entertain foreign leaders I might fix a good pot roast with potatoes, carrots, gravy and rolls...with peach cobbler and ice cream for dessert. Good thing I'm not the prez, lol.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 09:06:38 pm »

My taste in food is simple as well.  I would have been starved in that scenario. But I guess if I had to entertain foreign leaders I might fix a good pot roast with potatoes, carrots, gravy and rolls...with peach cobbler and ice cream for dessert. Good thing I'm not the prez, lol.

Well if I am ever prez, I will know who to call... If my wife had asked me what I want for a special birthday meal, or about any other, it would be that, almost exactly... Other than the peach cobbler... I would eat it alright - But I am a western man, and that would be an apple crisp. :)

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 09:35:59 pm »
Well if I am ever prez, I will know who to call... If my wife had asked me what I want for a special birthday meal, or about any other, it would be that, almost exactly... Other than the peach cobbler... I would eat it alright - But I am a western man, and that would be an apple crisp. :)

There are no peaches there?? That's just all kinda wrong. :laugh:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 09:39:00 pm »
Wow, this post sure is pregnant w/history!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 09:44:16 pm »

There are no peaches there?? That's just all kinda wrong. :laugh:

Nope. Peaches come on the truck. About August. And they are for buying a flat and eating yourself sick on em. Then buy a few more flats and get em into mason jars. I LOOOOVE peaches. But what we have here is apples, pears, and cherries. So apples are the main star attraction.

I like pears alright, but mostly for pear butter.
And cherries are awesome, but only fresh... I will choke em down frozen in the winter, and pie cherries are great for pie, but mostly, this is the land of the bing cherry... A midsummer delight, and not much good otherwise.

But the apples keep well, and preserve well as pie filling, or dried... or as apple butter... apples are the thing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 09:45:20 pm »
Sounds like a wonderful menu.