Author Topic: McCain donors flip to Mark Kelly over Republican incumbent in key Arizona Senate race  (Read 1873 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain donors flip to Mark Kelly over Republican incumbent in key Arizona Senate race
by Naomi Lim
 | September 20, 2019 12:00 AM

Democrat Mark Kelly is receiving a boost for his Senate campaign from an unexpected source: campaign donors to the late Republican Sen. John McCain, who held the Arizona seat for more than 30 years.

In backing Kelly, a former astronaut and the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords, the contributors are effectively snubbing McCain's GOP successor, Sen. Martha McSally, who was appointed to the seat in December 2018 after losing to Democrat Kyrsten Sinema. McSally must win the November 2020 special election for the right to serve out the final two years of McCain’s term.

While McSally, 53, still has McCain donors on her books, the crossover giving is, in a sense, an extension of bad blood between her and the McCain family, some of whom were none too pleased at her appointment by Republican Gov. Doug Ducey.

Reginald Ballantyne, who sat on McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign’s Arizona finance team, doled out the maximum amount of $5,400 for his 2016 Senate primary and general election. Ballantyne has, as of last month, given Kelly’s primary and general senatorial campaigns $4,000, but nothing to McSally's.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mccain-donors-flip-to-mark-kelly-over-republican-incumbent-in-key-arizona-senate-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Unsurprisingly. RINOs gotta RINO.

More broadly, it's crap-weaseling like this that destroyed the Republican Party in California, Mo-o-o-o-o-o-o-ooooderates who hate conservatives so much they'd torpedo the conservative and enable the Dem alternative.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
2008 GOP candidate Sen. John McCain, cast the deciding vote that kept Obamacare going.

He must have done so to thumb his nose at Pres. Trump, but also because he typifies the dirty, rotten, #nevertrumpers.

Flake, Romney, Amash, various Bushes to name a few.

Openly supporting democrats, is a signature with them. Kelly, Biden etc.

They are like Transgenders; severe identity issues.

like Bruce Jenner in a dress.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Rick Davis, who led McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, downplayed the importance of the defections. "It looks like you are cooking this up to try and make McCain look like a RINO," Davis told the Washington Examiner.

Kelly even voted in the 2012 GOP presidential primary, although his campaign has said that he does not recall who he voted for.

THAT's funny,I don't care who you are!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:02:40 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

McSally is no prize and not what I'd call a conservative. Obviously better than the Dem but still... Voting for her is like voting for McCain or Romney... It leaves a stench...

Why can't we do better???

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
McSally is no prize and not what I'd call a conservative. Obviously better than the Dem but still... Voting for her is like voting for McCain or Romney... It leaves a stench...

McSally will probably be a footnote after next year's election.  AZ loves its "heroes," even dubious ones like McCain, and Kelly is an astronaut.  I'm waving bye-bye to this seat, and I hope the Pubbies can pick up a seat somewhere else.  If McSally votes for any gun control measure, what's left of her support falls away and she loses by a minimum of 5 percent.

ETA:  In answer to your question, AZ can't do better because McStain spent the last decade of so of his miserable life destroying conservatives in AZ, so there's no conservative bench, only wasteoid RINOs.  He took as much pride in his work as McConnell did.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:08:58 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DB

We can,but obviously the globalists in Az OWN the alleged Republican Party and nobody that can't make money for them will be allowed to take public office. They seem to think that Arizona is a feudal state,and they may be right.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:06:25 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
McSally will probably be a footnote after next year's election.  AZ loves its "heroes," even dubious ones like McCain, and Kelly is an astronaut.  I'm waving bye-bye to this seat, and I hope the Pubbies can pick up a seat somewhere else.  If McSally votes for any gun control measure, what's left of her support falls away and she loses by a minimum of 5 percent.

ETA:  In answer to your question, AZ can't do better because McStain spent the last decade of so of his miserable life destroying conservatives in AZ, so there's no conservative bench, only wasteoid RINOs.  He took as much pride in his work as McConnell did.

J.M. is gone.  His wife endorsed Biden. 

McCain continues to be an irritation even after his passing. 

Time to start building the bench.

Sienea is up in four years.

Online roamer_1

Time to start building the bench.

That's what the TEA Party was doing...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's what the TEA Party was doing...

...which is why McStain and McConnell took such joy in destroying it as best as he could.  Meanwhile, the TEA Party meets regularly in my town, and they haaaate McStain for his destruction of any who would challenge him, and that had the ancillary effect of preventing anybody from inheriting his seat.  Jeffy Flake, the Dog Killer's Pappy, was a one-term turncoat to conservatives, who's seat was handed to a radical leftist Rat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

...which is why McStain and McConnell took such joy in destroying it as best as he could.  Meanwhile, the TEA Party meets regularly in my town, and they haaaate McStain for his destruction of any who would challenge him, and that had the ancillary effect of preventing anybody from inheriting his seat.  Jeffy Flake, the Dog Killer's Pappy, was a one-term turncoat to conservatives, who's seat was handed to a radical leftist Rat.

That's right - Exactly why they stepped on it... To the great acclaim of Tumpsters. Making heroes of Grahamnesty and Turtle, and quick to deride the likes of Pence and Cruz.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's right - Exactly why they stepped on it... To the great acclaim of Tumpsters. Making heroes of Grahamnesty and Turtle, and quick to deride the likes of Pence and Cruz.

I have found the best way to understand politicians of any party is to never trust any of them completely, even my first friend I have here in my new town.  I certainly don't trust any you mentioned completely.  I can only trust them to act in their own self interest, and go on from there.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

I have found the best way to understand politicians of any party is to never trust any of them completely, even my first friend I have here in my new town.  I certainly don't trust any you mentioned completely.  I can only trust them to act in their own self interest, and go on from there.

They're from the government... They're never here to help. Conservative 101.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They're from the government... They're never here to help. Conservative 101.

I read you loud and clear!   :beer: 888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

As McCain was to the AZ R Party Pete Wilson was to the CA R Party. Except Wilson was not driven by bitterness and envy as McCain was.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.