Author Topic: Trump satisfies industry with repeal of Obama water quality rules  (Read 536 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Trump satisfies industry with repeal of Obama water quality rules
« on: September 20, 2019, 01:12:20 pm »
Influential industry groups are making headway in an expensive lobbying campaign to cut down on the number of water bodies subject to federal protections.

The Trump administration last week repealed the Obama-era Waters of the United States rule, which offered federal protections for small water bodies from pesticides and other pollutants. President Donald Trump, who called the regulations “destructive and horrible,” has long promised to restore the pre-2015 water protection policies.

opensecrets

This immediately reminded me of what DuPont and 3M did to towns...I can't imagine this being good for us citizens.

background on DuPont and 3M: https://qz.com/1630348/dupont-and-3m-face-a-growing-list-of-water-contamination-lawsuits/
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Trump satisfies industry with repeal of Obama water quality rules
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 02:23:17 pm »
Yeah? Take that nonsense to a farmer who spent years fighting a fine for ploughing his field because it was close to his man-made pond or similar crap-nonsense! The Obama regs had zero to do with the navigable waters the law was supposed to cover and everything about infringing the property rights of farmers and other rural land owners.

Try the Big Business Is the Bogeyman Card elsewhere, please. Especially when using a computer made by multiple big businesses.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 03:27:32 pm »
This immediately reminded me of what DuPont and 3M did to towns...I can't imagine this being good for us citizens.

background on DuPont and 3M: https://qz.com/1630348/dupont-and-3m-face-a-growing-list-of-water-contamination-lawsuits/
you are equating an unsubstantiated claim as gospel?

Seems you need to learn how to differentiate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 06:32:06 pm »
you are equating an unsubstantiated claim as gospel?

Seems you need to learn how to differentiate.

What unsubstantiated claim are you referring to?
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 06:50:15 pm »

Sorry, my give-a-damn's busted.
Rural water regulation is beyond the pale. And run by people who don't know a damn thing that they are taking about. Politicized bullcrap under the color of law.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 09:44:42 pm »
What unsubstantiated claim are you referring to?
For goodness sakes, do you even read the articles you post?

Here is the title

Dupont and 3M knowingly contaminated drinking water across the US, lawsuits allege

You stated it as a fact that it happened, when even the newpapers only say allege.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 12:14:36 am »
For goodness sakes, do you even read the articles you post?

Here is the title

Dupont and 3M knowingly contaminated drinking water across the US, lawsuits allege

You stated it as a fact that it happened, when even the newpapers only say allege.

I posted that article as a starting point for your own research. They've settled for almost $700M already and are continuing to be litigated and found at fault.

Watch this if it's easier than going through articles:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 02:16:43 am »
I posted that article as a starting point for your own research. They've settled for almost $700M already and are continuing to be litigated and found at fault.

Watch this if it's easier than going through articles:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Everything says no one proved anything.  This is an allegation only.

Have you never seen a company settle without any guilt being proven?

I have worked on numbers of cases that have.  And some were completely bogus claims.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:42 pm »
Everything says no one proved anything.  This is an allegation only.

Have you never seen a company settle without any guilt being proven?

I have worked on numbers of cases that have.  And some were completely bogus claims.

Keep looking into this one. The documents from DuPont and 3M show their knowledge of the facts and guilt.

The point of the thread is that we need protections from things like this.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 01:29:53 pm »
Keep looking into this one. The documents from DuPont and 3M show their knowledge of the facts and guilt.

The point of the thread is that we need protections from things like this.
And we have them, as proved by the lawsuit and subsequent actions taken.

And BTW, what does the repeal of an Unconstitutional Water Quality rule have to do with whatever those two companies did?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 01:35:59 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 08:29:36 pm »
And we have them, as proved by the lawsuit and subsequent actions taken.

And BTW, what does the repeal of an Unconstitutional Water Quality rule have to do with whatever those two companies did?

What Unconstitutional rule are you referring to?

Certainly not the one in the OP.

What those two companies did is take advantage of what they could until it was too late. Now they're paying restitution. It'd be nice if we had some protections to avoid those occurrences all together.

I drove about 1500 miles this weekend and I love the natural beauty of out country. I'd like to keep it in optimal condition for all of us.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 08:34:20 pm »
What Unconstitutional rule are you referring to?

Certainly not the one in the OP.

What those two companies did is take advantage of what they could until it was too late. Now they're paying restitution. It'd be nice if we had some protections to avoid those occurrences all together.

I drove about 1500 miles this weekend and I love the natural beauty of out country. I'd like to keep it in optimal condition for all of us.

The federal government does not have Constitutional authority over water drainages.
None.
That belongs to the states respectively.