Author Topic: Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey says she's being treated for lung cancer  (Read 144 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey says she's being treated for lung cancer
« on: September 19, 2019, 09:10:24 pm »
Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey says she's being treated for lung cancer
By Kim Chandler | Associated Press

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey announced Thursday that she will receive treatment for a malignant spot on her lung.

The 74-year-old Republican governor said the spot was discovered in a routine exam and was later confirmed to be what she called a tiny, isolated malignancy.

Ivey said she will travel Friday for an outpatient procedure at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and then will undergo radiation treatments.

"The good news is I am one of the fortunate ones where this was discovered early, and it is very treatable," Ivey said in a statement.

"Naturally, I welcome your prayers and your support. Just as so many others who have been affected by cancer, I am confident of God's plan and purpose for my life and feel extremely fortunate this was caught so early."

The governor said it will not interfere in her ability to serve as governor and "doing the work you elected me to do."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alabama-kay-ivey-lung-cancer-treatment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34