Author Topic: Pentagon has finalized contracts for $2.5B in border barrier construction  (Read 208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon has finalized contracts for $2.5B in border barrier construction
by Russ Read
 | September 19, 2019 03:28 PM

The Pentagon says it has finalized contracts to build a portion of President Trump's long-desired barrier on U.S.-Mexico border.

"This past April and May, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers awarded roughly $2.5 billion in projects to construct border wall along the southwest border. These projects will span 129 miles at locations in New Mexico, Arizona, and California," chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters Thursday.

"We're proud to announce that as of this week virtually all of that $2.5 billion has been obligated and is on contract. We expect to have the remaining $3 million obligated before the end of the month."

The money was the subject of a legal battle after the Trump administration diverted it from a Pentagon counter-narcotics account earlier this year. The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in Trump's favor in July. Trump celebrated the ruling on Twitter minutes after it was announced.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pentagon-has-finalized-contracts-for-2-5b-in-border-barrier-construction
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Pentagon has finalized contracts for $2.5B in border barrier construction
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 10:31:24 pm »
Excellent!  Geter done and stop revealing construction details on TV please.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien