Author Topic: Wash Post Reporter: 'Somebody Who Used to Work at the White House' Is the Whistleblower[updated]  (Read 2926 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wash Post Reporter: 'Somebody Who Used to Work at the White House' Is the Whistleblower
By Susan Jones | September 19, 2019 | 6:52 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - A Washington Post report provides new fodder for determined anti-Trump investigators.

The newspaper reported Tuesday that a "whistleblower complaint" so far withheld from Congress involves President Trump’s communications, reportedly a phone call, with a foreign leader.

"Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a 'promise' that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community," the Washington Post said, quoting "two former U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly."

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/wash-post-reporter-somebody-who-used-work-white-house-whistleblower?fbclid=IwAR2Zoy6509PBg_KWBjLG-CmVlP5PUC3ZnGUGarxnLFGe9OKDWTnQFqpE0uc#utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cns&utm_campaign=a-WaPoSomebodyUsedToWorkatWHIsWhistleblower
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:59:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They got him nowTM @Cyber Liberty
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They got him nowTM @Cyber Liberty

Yup!  This time, it'll be different.  They got 'im by the short-hairs....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Let's see if the Bongino Rule works here: wait 24 hours and the story will be debunked.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Washington Post  *****rollingeyes*****
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The sooner we all just accept the fact that Trump is a foreign agent who is plotting the destruction of America, then the sooner the Communist 'saviors' can take over and save us all.

Forget about Imam Hussein 'I stand with the Muslims' Obama, who told Putin 'help get me elected and I will have 'more flexibility' for you in the future. That stuff doesn't matter.

All that matters is that Donald 'Make America Great Again' Trump is really a traitor. That's all that counts.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Let's see if the Bongino Rule works here: wait 24 hours and the story will be debunked.

Actually, the Bongino Rule is that Clifford Worley may have been onto something.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Actually, the Bongino Rule is that Clifford Worley may have been onto something.

It looks like another impeachable offense to me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

It looks like another impeachable offense to me.

Supposedly, it involved a phone call. That seems to point to Putin. It’s probably something similar to Obama’s ‘more flexibility after the election’ comment. Hardly impeachable, but you’ll probably recall, people on our side weren’t really pleased with that statement.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Supposedly, it involved a phone call. That seems to point to Putin. It’s probably something similar to Obama’s ‘more flexibility after the election’ comment. Hardly impeachable, but you’ll probably recall, people on our side weren’t really pleased with that statement.

It's "impeachable" if Jerry Waddler says it is.  Stay tuned. 

Added:  Trump is not allowed to speak with foreign leaders, especially ones named "Putin."  It's in the Constitution somewhere in an emanation of a penumbra.  WaPo told me so.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:06:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"...two former U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity"...

Strzok, Brennan, Comey... who else?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

IMPEACH ME!! I AM HERE!! IMPEACH ME!! DO IT NOW!

I wish these Democrat idiots would stop talking, and actually do something for a change.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

"Virtually anytime I speak on the phone to a foreign leader, I understand that there may be many people listening from various U.S. agencies, not to mention those from the other country itself," Trump said on Twitter.

"Knowing all of this, is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially 'heavily populated' call," he said.

"I would only do what is right anyway, and only do good for the USA!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-calls-media-report-whistleblower-150232719.html

1) The syntax shows he obviously didn’t compose this tweet.

2) He has a history of saying inappropriate things publicly.

3) He’s always done what’s good for him.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump defends his handling of talks with foreign leaders amid whistleblower complaint
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462153-trump-defends-his-handling-of-talks-with-foreign-leaders-amid
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Snitch!’: CNN’s Phil Mudd Loses It Over Whistleblower Who Filed Complaint Over Trump Phone Call

Chuck Ross
Investigative Reporter
September 19, 2019 10:06 AM ET

CNN analyst Phil Mudd blasted an unidentified intelligence community official as a “snitch” Wednesday for reportedly filing a complaint against President Donald Trump over an alleged phone call with a foreign leader.

During an interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, Mudd, a former FBI and CIA official, responded to a report from The Washington Post about a mysterious whistleblower complaint that involved a call in which Trump made a “promise” to his foreign counterpart.

“Boy, I’m about ready to blow a gasket,” Mudd told Cuomo about the story.

“I am ticked off. This is completely inappropriate. The Congress should not be asking the intel guys to go snitch on the president,” he said later.

more w/video
https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/19/cnn-phil-mudd-snitch-whistleblower-trump/
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-calls-media-report-whistleblower-150232719.html

1) The syntax shows he obviously didn’t compose this tweet.

2) He has a history of saying inappropriate things publicly.

3) He’s always done what’s good for him.

1. Obviously
2. Very obviously
3. Obviously Very Seriously Impeachable.

Did I cover it all?   

Obviously I did.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

“I am ticked off. This is completely inappropriate. The Congress should not be asking the intel guys to go snitch on the president,” he said later.

-snip-

But Mudd asserted that the whistleblower had no right to raise concerns about Trump’s calls with foreign leaders, saying that “the president can say what he wants to Putin. He can say what he wants to Kim Jong Un.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/19/cnn-phil-mudd-snitch-whistleblower-trump/

Mudd is a pretty terrible analyst. The whistleblower made the complaint on his/her own. The problem arose, when it was not properly disclosed, under statute, in the required time frame. That is when Congress became involved. Yes, any president can have whatever conversation he wants with a foreign leader. However, under our system, he’s also accountable for it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline corbe

My $$$ is on Omarossa

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

I hate myself for laughing at this.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   My $$$ is on Omarossa

That would be a good guess but Omarossa wasn't a part of US Intelligence

official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint
Support the USO

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump's tolerance for the *sshats that he must work with each day is immeasurable. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats to seek ways to compel release of Trump whistleblower complaint
By Olivia Beavers - 09/19/19 06:24 PM EDT

House Democrats are sounding the alarm after an intelligence community watchdog testified behind closed doors Thursday about the handling of a whistleblower complaint that is said to relate to a conversation President Trump had with a foreign leader.

Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said the committee would consider a series of remedies to compel acting Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Joseph Maguire to share the complaint with Congress, which comes after Intelligence Community (IC) Inspector General Michael Atkinson said he found this whistleblower had brought forward a credible and “urgent concern.”

Schiff says the law requires Maguire to share the complaint with Congress no later than seven days after the director receives the allegations from the inspector general (IG).

While Schiff said they would wait to hear Maguire’s reasoning when he testifies before Congress next week about his handling of the complaint, he also telegraphed the Democrats will consider pulling at Congress’ purse strings or going to court to gain access to the allegations if the director does provide it voluntarily.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/462258-democrats-to-seek-ways-to-compel-release-of-trump-whistleblower
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whistleblower complaint based on multiple incidents; watchdog won't disclose info
By Chris Mills Rodrigo,Olivia Beavers and Mike Lillis - 09/19/19 11:46 AM EDT

The whistleblower complaint reportedly involving a discussion between President Trump and a foreign leader was based on more than one incident, said a Democratic lawmaker who attended the House Intelligence Committee's closed-door meeting Thursday with the intelligence community's inspector general.

Lawmakers said the inspector general, Michael Atkinson, declined to share incidents during the meeting.
“He didn’t talk about anything about the allegations, where he was very protective,” said Intelligence Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.). “But he did mention that this complaint was based on a series of events, ‘more than one’ to get the exact wordage right.”

Rep. Chris Stewart (R-Utah) also told The Hill that Atkinson did not talk about the contents of the whistleblower complaint during the private session with lawmakers.

Atkinson was “very careful” about what he said, Stewart said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462165-intelligence-ig-wont-disclose-contents-of-whistleblower-information
Support the USO

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Trump's tolerance for the *sshats that he must work with each day is immeasurable.

Why must he tolerate *sshats? He only hires the best people.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021