Author Topic: Wash Post Reporter: 'Somebody Who Used to Work at the White House' Is the Whistleblower[updated]  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why must he tolerate *sshats? He only hires the best people.

How novel!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

Just in case a few more anonymous sources are needed to vouch this story, there's this from the compost:

Whistleblower complaint about President Trump involves Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter 

Ellen Nakashima, Shane Harris, Greg Miller, Carol Leonnig

8 mins ago

A whistleblower complaint about President Trump made by an intelligence official centers on Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter, which has set off a struggle between Congress and the executive branch.

The complaint involved communications with a foreign leader and a “promise” that Trump made, which was so alarming that a U.S. intelligence official who had worked at the White House went to the inspector general of the intelligence community, two former U.S. officials said. 

Two and a half weeks before the complaint was filed, Trump spoke with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a comedian and political newcomer who was elected in a landslide in May.

That call is already under investigation by House Democrats who are examining whether Trump and his attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani sought to manipulate the Ukrainian government into helping Trump’s reelection campaign. Lawmakers have demanded a full transcript and a list of participants on the call.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/whistleblower-complaint-about-president-trump-involves-ukraine-according-to-two-people-familiar-with-the-matter/ar-AAHyi0V?&ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I have often wondered why must we tolerate posters like you.
But then I realised, we must let the worst people post here. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

@The Ghost I'm Biased toward @FeelNoPain cause he seems to be articulate and able to get his point across without any anger, so far, unlike me and you, some of the time. 
   Also there's the fact that he seems to be more Conservative than Trumper here, so I got his back. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   Just in case a few more anonymous sources are needed to vouch this story, there's this from the compost:

Whistleblower complaint about President Trump involves Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter 

Ellen Nakashima, Shane Harris, Greg Miller, Carol Leonnig

8 mins ago

A whistleblower complaint about President Trump made by an intelligence official centers on Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter, which has set off a struggle between Congress and the executive branch.

The complaint involved communications with a foreign leader and a “promise” that Trump made, which was so alarming that a U.S. intelligence official who had worked at the White House went to the inspector general of the intelligence community, two former U.S. officials said. 

Two and a half weeks before the complaint was filed, Trump spoke with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a comedian and political newcomer who was elected in a landslide in May.

That call is already under investigation by House Democrats who are examining whether Trump and his attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani sought to manipulate the Ukrainian government into helping Trump’s reelection campaign. Lawmakers have demanded a full transcript and a list of participants on the call.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/whistleblower-complaint-about-president-trump-involves-ukraine-according-to-two-people-familiar-with-the-matter/ar-AAHyi0V?&ocid=ientp

I wonder who leaked this...I see the Dems are on top of this as usual but this time Sessions isn't AG so I know there will be no SP..just another impeachment hearing in the House...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Supposedly, it involved a phone call. That seems to point to Putin. It’s probably something similar to Obama’s ‘more flexibility after the election’ comment. Hardly impeachable, but you’ll probably recall, people on our side weren’t really pleased with that statement.

What side might that be?  :laugh:

Offline Idiot

Democrats to seek ways to compel release of Trump whistleblower complaint
By Olivia Beavers - 09/19/19 06:24 PM EDT

House Democrats are sounding the alarm after an intelligence community watchdog testified behind closed doors Thursday about the handling of a whistleblower complaint that is said to relate to a conversation President Trump had with a foreign leader.

Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said the committee would consider a series of remedies to compel acting Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Joseph Maguire to share the complaint with Congress, which comes after Intelligence Community (IC) Inspector General Michael Atkinson said he found this whistleblower had brought forward a credible and “urgent concern.”

Schiff says the law requires Maguire to share the complaint with Congress no later than seven days after the director receives the allegations from the inspector general (IG).

While Schiff said they would wait to hear Maguire’s reasoning when he testifies before Congress next week about his handling of the complaint, he also telegraphed the Democrats will consider pulling at Congress’ purse strings or going to court to gain access to the allegations if the director does provide it voluntarily.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/462258-democrats-to-seek-ways-to-compel-release-of-trump-whistleblower
The dems cry wolf so often I honestly don't think people even listen to them anymore....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
News of the probe's potential relation to Ukraine policy comes as The Independent reported that House lawmakers are investigating whether Trump pressed Ukraine's president during a July phone call to launch an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden (D), the Democratic 2020 primary frontrunner, claiming that it would improve relations between the U.S. and Ukraine if Ukraine's government did so.

Trump whistleblower complaint involves Ukraine: report
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/462274-trump-whistleblower-complaint-involves-to-ukraine-report
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
By the way, on September 25th, Trump will meet Zelinsky, Ukraine President at the UN. 

But right now, Ukraine is trending on twitter.  I'll bet not much comes of this but I'm trying to keep up some.  No endorsements here to articles but the conversation above got me seeing what's out there.

Trump and Giuliani’s Quest for Fake Ukraine “Dirt” on Biden: An Explainer

by Viola Gienger

September 10, 2019

Vice President Mike Pence was about to finish a routine joint press conference with Polish President Andrzej Duda in Warsaw last week, when he got two astutely specific questions about his meeting the previous day with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy:

“Number one, did you discuss Joe Biden at all during that meeting yesterday with the Ukrainian President? And number two, can you assure Ukraine that the hold-up of [U.S. security assistance] has absolutely nothing to do with efforts, including by Rudy Giuliani, to try to dig up dirt on the Biden family?” Associated Press reporter Jill Colvin asked.

Pence answered the first question directly: “Well, on the first question, the answer is no.” His response to the second question was more interesting. He essentially demurred. But to decode the significance of Pence’s reply, it’s important to understand the recent history of Ukraine and U.S. policy toward the country. From there, we can unpack what’s at the bottom of the Trump-Giuliani efforts.

Read more at:  https://www.justsecurity.org/66101/trump-and-giulianis-quest-for-fake-ukraine-dirt-on-biden-an-explainer/

Offline corbe

Did someone say Ukraine?

Offline TomSea

Maybe it's like this gent says:
Michael McFaul

@McFaul

Ukraine. Again. Sigh.
Quote Tweet
Ellen Nakashima
@nakashimae

https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1174851669458161664
EXCLUSIVE: A whistleblower complaint about President Trump made by an intelligence official centers on Ukraine, according to two former officials. w/@shaneharris @gregpmiller @CarolLeonnig  https://washingtonpost.com/national-secur

Offline RetBobbyMI

Someone who used to work at the White House? Or for an Intell agency? Or both?

Either way they were spying, conducting espionage or making false allegations.  All criminal offenses.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Someone who used to work at the White House? Or for an Intell agency? Or both?

Either way they were spying, conducting espionage or making false allegations.  All criminal offenses.

And, when did this person work in the White House?  During which administration?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Strzok, Brennan, Comey... who else?

Well every liberal he has hired so far like to talk and write books.  And he fires so many...…...
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

Drudge:

Whistle-blower drama hits White House
Ukraine Call 'Promise'
Executive Privilege

Offline TomSea

Looks like Fox is going to bat for Trump, looks like this is just a bunch of "nonsense" I hope.
Matthew Whitaker calls reported whistleblower complaint a 'clear example of someone from the Deep State'
By Frank Miles | Fox News

Former Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker took issue on Thursday with a reported whistleblower complaint about incidents including a private conversation between President Trump and a foreign leader.

"This is a clear example of someone from the Deep State ... from the intelligence community," Whitaker said on "The Story with Martha MacCallum." "It was completely overblown. ... It will be a big nothing burger."

He called the incident an example of "outrageous conduct."

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/matthew-whitaker-whistleblower-trump-deep-state-outrageous

Hannity on whistleblower report: 'Key facts, details don't matter' to the media mob
By Victor Garcia | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannity-on-whistleblower-report-key-facts-details-dont-matter-to-the-media-mob

This would be a good ploy to try something on this administration, after all, we know at least Biden was already somewhat connected to Ukraine, his son went on to a lucrative career there I believe.

Another trick!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Except he does not hire Congress, or people in the permanent big gureacracy.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
   @The Ghost I'm Biased toward @FeelNoPain cause he seems to be articulate and able to get his point across without any anger, so far, unlike me and you, some of the time. 
   Also there's the fact that he seems to be more Conservative than Trumper here, so I got his back.

888high58888
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
I have often wondered why must we tolerate posters like you.
But then I realised, we must let the worst people post here.

Diversity is strength  happy77
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

What happened is below; the short version is, a whistle-blower (this was one in the intelligence division),has a route to follow to report something the whistle-blower thinks is
urgent and credible.  He (or she), reported this up the next intelligence chain, where it was considered urgent and credible.  (I heard tonight this info. is more than a phone call.)

The Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson also said it was
urgent and credible and it went to Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire. From there the law says it goes to the House Intelligence Committee, but McQuire would not send it - he violated the law when he stopped the course of the law.  It is not his prerogative to stop this information.  More info. below: (consider the rest in "quotes":

"Today (Thursday), Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson, who called the whistle-blower complaint a matter of "urgent concern," will appear before the House intelligence committee to brief members in closed session at 9:00 a.m.

The committee chair is Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), ...person who first raised public concern that the whistle-blower complaint had been bottled up by Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire."

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Diversity is strength  happy77

Sad so many Trump fanatics like to demean conservatives here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump dismisses growing furor over 'highly partisan' whistleblower complaint
By Brett Samuels - 09/20/19 08:46 AM EDT

President Trump on Friday dismissed the growing furor surrounding a whistleblower complaint that he had an inappropriate conversation with a foreign leader, insisting that the interaction in question was a "perfectly fine and respectful conversation."

The president once again took to Twitter to defend his conduct as new details emerged about the complaint, which came from a member of the intelligence community.

"The Radical Left Democrats and their Fake News Media partners, headed up again by Little Adam Schiff, and batting Zero for 21 against me, are at it again!" Trump tweeted, referring to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.).

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462291-trump-dismisses-growing-furor-over-highly-partisan-whistleblower
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giuliani says 'of course' he asked Ukraine to look into Biden seconds after denying it
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/462277-giuliani-says-of-course-he-asked-ukraine-to-look-into-biden-seconds

I watched this last night and kept saying STFU Rudy!..He hit all the shows last night but when I saw him on Fox...I think Laura Ingraham felt the same way as I...sometimes Rudy does more harm than good.
Support the USO

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It seems to be SOP for Giuliani to go out and say inadvisable, outrageous things, during interviews. After that, everyone is numb to the core of the story.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You Just Can’t Make This Up! Joe Biden’s $1.5 Billion China-Ukraine Bribery Scandal That Was Ignored by Media is now President Trump’s Scandal!

You Just Can’t Make This Up! Joe Biden’s $1.5 Billion China-Ukraine Bribery Scandal That Was Ignored by Media is now President Trump’s Scandal!
 by Jim Hoft September 19, 2019

After leaving office in 2017, Vice President Joe Biden Bragged about strong-arming the government of Ukraine to fire its top prosecutor.

Joe Biden made the remarks during a meeting of foreign policy specialists. Biden said he, “Threatened Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that the Obama administration would pull $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees, sending the former Soviet republic toward insolvency, if it didn’t immediately fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.” Biden suggested during his talk that Barack Obama was in on the threat.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/09/you-just-cant-make-this-up-joe-bidens-1-5-billion-china-ukraine-bribery-scandal-that-was-ignored-by-media-is-now-president-trumps-scandal/
Support the USO