Author Topic: "Seen this movie before": GOP operatives say Democrats won’t lay a glove on Trump over Ukraine by Da  (Read 255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
"Seen this movie before": GOP operatives say Democrats won’t lay a glove on Trump over Ukraine
by David M. Drucker
 | September 24, 2019 07:00 AM

Senior Republican operatives are confident President Trump will not absorb lasting damage from fresh allegations that he pressured Ukraine to investigate political rival Joe Biden, predicting he might even win over swing voters in 2020 if Democrats initiate impeachment.

Republican strategists are not dismissing the gravity of accusations. They are simply skeptical that the unfolding scandal will hurt Trump with GOP voters any more than did a two-year federal probe into charges that he colluded with Russia to defeat Hillary Clinton. Some Republicans even see an upside. Impeachment lacks critical support from voters, yet House Democrats are more likely to pursue removing the president through extra-electoral means, risking a backlash.

“Impeachment is Trump’s ace in the hole,” Brad Todd, a veteran Republican consultant, told the Washington Examiner. “It would convince plenty of swing voters that Democrats are wholly unconcerned with their pocketbook priorities.”

“I haven't seen any evidence of this hurting Trump with Republicans yet,” added Alex Conant, a Republican strategist. “The Democrats rush to impeachment pushes everyone into their partisan corners, which helps Trump in the short-term. The key thing to watch is whether more Senate Republicans start voicing criticism.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/seen-this-movie-before-gop-operatives-say-democrats-wont-lay-a-glove-on-trump-over-ukraine
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If I didn't know better, I would think Trump set this whole thing up to lead the idiot Democommies down the rat hole to bury them alive.  They are every bit that dumb.

Aside:  He may well just win over the LGBTQXYZ with his address to the UN today.  He is the ONLY POTUS I know of ever to make such an appeal to the leaders of the world body of nations.  When November rolls around, it is possible that numerous base elements of the Democommie Party will abandon the insane Democommie Party!!!

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
If I didn't know better, I would think Trump set this whole thing up to lead the idiot Democommies down the rat hole to bury them alive.  They are every bit that dumb.

Aside:  He may well just win over the LGBTQXYZ with his address to the UN today. He is the ONLY POTUS I know of ever to make such an appeal to the leaders of the world body of nations.  When November rolls around, it is possible that numerous base elements of the Democommie Party will abandon the insane Democommie Party!!!

So a speech is all it takes?  The LGBT community will just forget all of the Trump's administration's numerous actions, policies, and protections that have been classified as "anti-LGBT" because of a speech?

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"This time it will be different, Judge Napolitana assured Shep Smith.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln