Author Topic: The Pentagon Tried to Discharge Me for Being HIV+. Today I Fight Back  (Read 131 times)

rangerrebew

The Pentagon Tried to Discharge Me for Being HIV+. Today I Fight Back
AIR FORCE

We need the Fourth Circuit to recognize that the Air Force is violating its own regulations by discharging me and other Airmen living with HIV.
By Richard Roe
September 18 2019 9:45 AM EDT

Just a few days before the holidays last year, I received notice that I was going to be discharged from the Air Force — simply because I had been diagnosed with HIV. Learning the Air Force would end my military career because of my newly discovered medical condition was extremely demoralizing. But I wasn’t about to let them take away my dreams without a fight.

Today, the lawsuit I filed to challenge the military’s HIV-related personnel policies is heading to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, because the Trump Administration is appealing a court order we obtained in February, preventing the Air Force from discharging me and other Airmen living with HIV before the case is decided.

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2019/9/18/pentagon-tried-discharge-me-being-hiv-today-i-fight-back