Author Topic: Trump’s communications with foreign leader are part of whistleblower complaint that spurred standoff  (Read 1073 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Washington Post if that matters, I do see a bit more information later on in the story.

Trump’s communications with foreign leader are part of whistleblower complaint that spurred standoff between spy chief and Congress, former officials say
Greg Miller, Ellen Nakashima, Shane Harris

The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

It was not immediately clear which foreign leader Trump was speaking with or what he pledged to deliver, but his direct involvement in the matter has not been previously disclosed. It raises new questions about the president’s handling of sensitive information and may further strain his relationship with U.S. spy agencies. One former official said the communication was a phone call.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-communications-with-foreign-leader-are-part-of-whistleblower-complaint-that-spurred-standoff-between-spy-chief-and-congress-former-officials-say/ar-AAHuOBK

Sure sounds like Putin but it could be Bibi, MBS (Mohammed Bin Salman or others); again, this could be a BS story because we don't have names at this point.

I certainly don't like the sound of this, could be nothing and blow over in days.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:01:55 am by TomSea »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I’m going to guess it was an interaction with Kim.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

So, we don't know who he was talking to, what he said, when it happened, where it happened (maybe on the phone?), or who is claiming "it" happened.   Okay, let's review what we do know.   A summary of all the facts in the excerpt (not gonna give them a click to read the full "article"):

1) Trump.

Well then, appoint the special investigator.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

So, we don't know who he was talking to, what he said, when it happened, where it happened (maybe on the phone?), or who is claiming "it" happened.

Congratulations. You have perfectly described what happens when a whistleblower reports something to the department IG. We aren’t supposed to know the details, while the inquiry is underway.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:09:54 am by edpc »

Offline TomSea

So, we don't know who he was talking to, what he said, when it happened, where it happened (maybe on the phone?), or who is claiming "it" happened.   Okay, let's review what we do know.   A summary of all the facts in the excerpt (not gonna give them a click to read the full "article"):

1) Trump.

Well then, appoint the special investigator.

That's the way I was seeing it but... apparently a closed hearing will occur. There is some substance that this matter has been brought up. It's in the rest of the story.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Congratulations. You have perfectly described what happens when a whistleblower reports something to the department IG. We aren’t supposed to know the details, while the inquiry is underway.

Exactly.

But when the only thing the "media" knows is TRUMP!, I have to question their motives for "reporting" on it.

If nothing else, they could at least refer to him as a highly placed government official.  But they don't, which makes me question their motives.

Or they could ST*U until they actually have news.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

Exactly.

But when the only thing the "media" knows is TRUMP!, I have to question their motives for "reporting" on it.

If nothing else, they could at least refer to him as a highly placed government official.  But they don't, which makes me question their motives.

Or they could ST*U until they actually have news.

The story has been developing for about a week. In the initial submission, the subject of the complaint was unknown. Due to the proper disclosure process not being followed, we are now at this point. The obfuscation creates questions and the continued stonewalling creates more. In this case, they’re pretty much doing their job.

Congressman Adam Schiff claimed on Sunday that the official who sits atop the intelligence community is rejecting a subpoena to turn over a whistleblower complaint in order to protect an even higher-ranking official, possibly a top administration official or even President Trump.

"According to the director of national intelligence (DNI), the reason he's not acting to provide it, even though the statute mandates that he do so, is because he is being instructed not to. This involved a higher authority, someone above the DNI," Schiff, who is chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said in an interview with CBS News' "Face the Nation."

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/adam-schiff-says-dni-cited-higher-authority-in-refusal-to-turn-over-whistleblower-complaint/

Offline TomSea

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-denies-inappropriate-conversations-foreign-leaders-n1056401

Trump denies anything "inappropriate" and it could be that the whistle blower is some liberal or Democrat or something else.

Offline edpc

Trump denies anything "inappropriate" and it could be that the whistle blower is some liberal or Democrat or something else.

It’s undeniably sad when Vegas odds are a push as to whether the whistleblower is unprofessional, with an agenda or the president is a massive liar.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
GOPBR getting pulled around by @edpc on behalf of Adam Shitt and various unreliable media souncer.

When you get off Ed's Internet ride, please wipe down your seat and exit to the Left.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

The irony of your name is a constant source of amusement and irony, @truth_seeker. You wouldn’t know intellectual curiosity, if you bit you on the ass. The report was submitted and the IG, Michael Atkinson, thought it was important enough to warrant notification to the congressional intel ‘gang of eight,’ as required, by law. Along with the whistleblower, he must be in on it, too, I suppose?  To date, it seems like the IGs in government are the only ones who are honest brokers. Their reports have been released and recommendations submitted, but no action has been taken, specifically concerning the FBI.

Schiff isn’t the only one that would be notified or curious about it. Notice that the report of the obfuscation isn’t being denied, just the content of the message. There would be no reason to block the legal requirement for congressional notification, if the whistleblower’s fears are baseless. Let them see it and give Schiff the opportunity to hang himself. It’s either nothing, which will make him look stupid or it’s something and he’ll leak it. That’s illegal and put him in more trouble. Either way, it’s a win.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:07:24 pm by edpc »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I love it when EDPC gets on his Trump <comment self deleted> and schools us rubes.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:25:00 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The irony of your name is a constant source of amusement and irony, @truth_seeker. You wouldn’t know intellectual curiosity, if you bit you on the ass.

I know enough to avoid getting stirred up over every anti-Trmp clain, and you don't
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

I love it when EDPC gets on his Trump <comment self deleted> and schools us rubes.

Between that, posting a hard hitting news story about t*ts, and riding your bike, without a seat, it's been a real banner day for you, James.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Between that, posting a hard hitting news story about t*ts, and riding your bike, without a seat, it's been a real banner day for you, James.

Is this true, @The Ghost?  There's a thread about bike riding without a seat?  22222frying pan ****slapping
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is this true, @The Ghost?  There's a thread about bike riding without a seat?  22222frying pan ****slapping

God I hope so!  I read that in a NY minute.  Hell, I'd even sniff the seat post.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.