Author Topic: Democrats bristle at O'Rourke's vow to confiscate guns  (Read 359 times)

Offline libertybele

Democrats bristle at O'Rourke's vow to confiscate guns
« on: September 19, 2019, 01:29:56 am »
Democrats bristle at O'Rourke's vow to confiscate guns

Beto O’Rourke’s impassioned promise to implement a mandatory buyback of high-capacity firearms from Americans to try to address the country’s epidemic of gun violence is not sitting well with many Democrats.

“Beto’s one human being. He gave his own opinion, OK? I think it was very harmful to make it look like all the Democrats,” Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., told the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday. “I can tell you one thing: [Beto] is not taking my guns away from me. You tell Beto that OK?”

During last week’s Democratic presidential debate in Houston, O’Rourke spoke of his advocacy for gun control in the wake of mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and his hometown of El Paso, Texas. Specifically, O’Rourke was asked whether certain guns already owned by many Americans should be confiscated.

“Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” O’Rourke responded. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”

In a Wednesday tweet, President Trump said O’Rourke’s words “made it much harder to make a deal” with Congress on gun control.

While Manchin is an avowed gun rights advocate who has boasted of his support from the National Rifle Association, he is far from the only Democrat calling out O’Rourke over his statement.............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-bristle-at-o-rourkes-vow-to-confiscate-guns-you-tell-beto-that-ok-205103038.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Democrats bristle at O'Rourke's vow to confiscate guns
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 03:25:14 am »
Beto thinks he is going to take them by fining people till they surrender them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 04:38:06 am »
Beto thinks he is going to take them by fining people till they surrender them.

They better buy a bunch of boats to confiscate all of mine that fell in the lake.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 11:35:47 am »
 â€œWe’re not going to allow it (guns) to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”  What an idiot.  He obviously as usual hasn't thought this through.  What about the guns that have been obtained illegally in order to commit a crime??  Those are the guns that he needs to confiscate and that's never going to happen.  IF he thinks he'd be able to do so, I'd love to hear the b.s. he comes up with as to how he thinks he's going to stop criminals from getting guns.  The guy is off his rocker and is part of the liberal bat crap crazy club.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 01:43:26 am »
Title:
"Democrats bristle at O'Rourke's vow to confiscate guns"

The only reason that they're "bristling" is because O'Rourke had the timerity to state it right out loud in language that cannot be refuted or parsed away.

But I'll bet a whole lot of 'em are really nodding in agreement while thinking to themselves "I'm glad that I wasn't the one to have to tell that to Americans first..."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 08:12:37 am »
Title:
"Democrats bristle at O'Rourke's vow to confiscate guns"

The only reason that they're "bristling" is because O'Rourke had the timerity to state it right out loud in language that cannot be refuted or parsed away.

But I'll bet a whole lot of 'em are really nodding in agreement while thinking to themselves "I'm glad that I wasn't the one to have to tell that to Americans first..."
More like "That dumbass just tipped our hand!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 12:51:28 pm »
Trump is right -  Beto's candor makes it far harder to pass any sort of gun legislation,  because he exposed  the Dems' inability to be good faith actors.   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 12:52:56 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 02:15:08 pm »
Trump is right -  Beto's candor makes it far harder to pass any sort of gun legislation,  because he exposed  the Dems' inability to be good faith actors.

Yep, Dems are pissed Bobby was honest and open about their goals.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.