Author Topic: ‘Do you have white teenage sons? Listen up.’ How white supremacists are recruiting boys online. - WA  (Read 533 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
‘Do you have white teenage sons? Listen up.’ How white supremacists are recruiting boys online.

By   Caitlin Gibson
September 17, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. CDT

At first, it wasn’t obvious that anything was amiss. Kids are naturally curious about the complicated world around them, so Joanna Schroeder wasn’t surprised when her 11- and 14-year-old boys recently started asking questions about timely topics such as cultural appropriation and transgender rights.

But she sensed something off about the way they framed their questions, she says — tinged with a bias that didn’t reflect their family’s progressive values. She heard one of her sons use the word “triggered” in a sarcastic, mocking tone. And there was the time Schroeder watched as her son scrolled through the “Explore” screen on his Instagram account and she caught a glimpse of a meme depicting Adolf Hitler.

Schroeder, a writer and editor in Southern California, started paying closer attention, talking to her boys about what they’d encountered online. Then, after her kids were in bed one night last month, she opened Twitter and began to type.

More at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/on-parenting/do-you-have-white-teenage-sons-listen-up-how-white-supremacists-are-recruiting-boys-online/2019/09/17/f081e806-d3d5-11e9-9343-40db57cf6abd_story.html

Not all but the overwhelming majority of these nuts are young men, where are they learning this stuff? I  said months ago, I think they are learning it on the internet, where else? It's not too hard to deduct that.

I'm posting these two articles here so as not to clog the main forums up.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
But she sensed something off about the way they framed their questions, she says — tinged with a bias that didn’t reflect their family’s progressive values.

Say no more.  Problem solved. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.