Author Topic: John Hopkins Psychiatrist: ‘Gender Confusions Are Mostly Driven by Psychological and Psychosocial Pr  (Read 497 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Craig Bannister | September 17, 2019 | 3:52 PM EDT

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and former psychiatrist–in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital, who has studied transgendered people for 40 years, believes that patients suffering gender dysphoria need psychological care – not gender reassignment treatment.

“I think their mental problems, often depression, discouragement are the things that need treatment,” Dr. McHugh, who has argued that it is a scientific fact that “transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men,” told The College Fix in an interview published Tuesday:

“I believe that these gender confusions are mostly being driven by psychological and psychosocial problems these people have. That explains the rapid onset gender dysphoria (Brown University Researcher) Lisa Littman has spelled out.”

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/john-hopkins-psychiatrist-gender-confusions-are-mostly-driven-psychological-and
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

I couldn't read the whole article because my ancient computer freezes up on some sites....but I am so happy that professionals are speaking out!! (from the part that I read)