Author Topic: US to Confront China on Uyghur Issue at UN  (Read 185 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US to Confront China on Uyghur Issue at UN
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:31:59 pm »

Ethnic Uyghur women leave a center where political education lessons are held in Kashgar, in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China on Sept. 6, 2018. (Thomas Peter/Reuters)

US to Confront China on Uyghur Issue at UN
By Reuters

UNITED NATIONS/BEIJING—The United States is considering how to confront China during the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations next week over its detention of some 1 million Muslims and Uyghurs in a remote region.

While the United States is the largest financial contributor to the U.N. budget, President Donald Trump has questioned the value of multilateralism as he focuses on an “America First” policy and touts the protection of U.S. sovereignty.

Trump’s first U.N. envoy, Nikki Haley, stepped down at the end of 2018, and was replaced just last week by Kelly Craft.

Uyghurs and Tibetans demonstrate against China outside of the United Nations (UN) offices during the Universal Periodic Review of China by the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva on Nov. 6, 2018. (Fabrice Coffrini/AFP/Getty Images)

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-to-confront-china-on-uyghur-issue-at-un_3086288.html

Tibet and Xianging,  parts of China are a good part of that country, I'd say about 25% of China.

I know, some might say "well, they are Muslims" and a lot of the Muslim nations are looking a bit the other way because now, China is investing in those nations, bigly.

The woman in the 2nd picture holding the sign "where is my sister", I think that is the woman that the Trump administration appointed to be a UN envoy on this issue.  A story on her was posted here.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:34:07 pm by TomSea »