Author Topic: FreeTheNipple wins victory in Colorado  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
FreeTheNipple wins victory in Colorado
« on: September 18, 2019, 01:49:20 am »
It’s a beautiful, sunny day in Fort Collins, Colorado. Maybe you want to take your shirt off.

Well now, men and women both can show a little skin in the city. Or actually… anywhere in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, Kansas or Oklahoma.

That’s because of a recent court decision, one the city of Fort Collins decided not to fight.

It’s a big deal for Brit Hoagland and many women who say it’s their right to wear or not wear a shirt.

“Addressing small parts of inequality can make a big difference in how people are treated on a day to day basis, and I thought free the nipple was just one small step closer to how it should be,” said Hoagland.

Brit, along with co-plaintiff Samantha Six, sued the city of Fort Collins for the right to go topless in public.

It’s part of the #FreeTheNipple movement you might have seen trending on Instagram.

Andy McNulty is their attorney and says the law is an attack on equal rights.

“Any law that says, ‘Women are prohibited from,’ is unconstitutional and really just intolerable in a society that should treat women as equal to men,” said McNulty.

“Everybody should be able to be comfortable on a hot day and if that means taking their shirt of so be it. No matter how you look, you should have the same freedom at the person next to you. And it’s also about equality,” said Hoagland.

https://www.kgun9.com/news/national/freethenipple-wins-victory-in-colorado?fbclid=IwAR0YjKDGXVsh_oYKn5Bt2CUfm-9FA3uBiRgCeZTsVag9-nvrRJoH0ky0FFc

I have seen the faces and Im pretty sure I don't want to see their nipples.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: FreeTheNipple wins victory in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 02:07:29 am »
@corbe TTIUWP.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 03:00:41 am »
Next the women will just claim to be gender fluid at a whim and claim to be men. The slippery slope will be that next perverts will want to sun their willies in public like a gay parades with no supervision. What is wrong with society. I will the first to admit (especially in my youth) that there is only so much temptation you should allow society. Even in my mature days, I am prone to stray a look here and there, but honestly, we are not animals to be running around as if in heat.

"Free the nipple" meets my viewpoint of "keep them puppies for your husband's eyes only".

Wanna "break out"... then visit the 80s music thread and download it (3 extended versions for your choosing).

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:06:22 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 03:13:57 am »
Somethings should remain forbidden and kept a mystery. It entices the imagination.

Societies have developed conventions borne of biological imperatives, where men chase women, who entice them until the man is caught—it’s the rule, look it up.

But if we remove the mystery, where’s the motivation for the chase?

Put another way, why buy the cow when you can get..on second thought, maybe not the best analogy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 04:43:35 am »
Put another way, why buy the cow when you can get..on second thought, maybe not the best analogy.

Yes, that was udderly inappropriate...  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 05:33:00 am »
All those starving tiny children....and leave it to Leftists to wave lunch in their faces.... **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 12:05:15 pm »
Just waiting for the jokes.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 12:09:58 pm »

I have seen the faces and Im pretty sure I don't want to see their nipples.

A teenage observation after visiting a nude beach. 

These things aren't Sports Illustrated photo shoots.....   The people nude there shouldn't have been. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 11:08:35 pm »
Ms. Hoagland, visit Minneapolis and take your shirt off.
Then discover how the local Somalians react to your freedom of expression...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 02:24:13 pm »
There was a similar ordinance, when I lived in Columbus, OH. It was permissible, within the city limits. Every year, during, COMFEST, it was very commonplace. It’s always people you don’t want to see without a shirt, however.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 03:25:51 pm »
My own (totally worthless) opinion is that we are all served better by people wearing more clothes and not less.
I just got back from a visit to France and England.
While waiting outside a Sainsbury near Norwich (the wife and s-i-law were inside shopping for what seemed an eternity) I observed numerous young people of both sexes going to a nearby rock and roll festival.
Many of the young females were wearing shorts that were showing a lot of cheek. I asked my sister -in-law if this was a trend with young English females today or just maybe a number of them couldn't afford shorts with all the material.
She said, yes, it is a trend.
While I observed numerous young attractive English females, some definitely should wear shorts that do not end half way up their backsides.
As with the bare midriff trend that (thankfully) ended some years back, hopefully the desire of some females to wear less material ends. Including going topless.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 03:30:55 pm »
I don't know. All I do know is that if I don't get my phone shut off right before I put it away in my shirt pocket, my nipple calls random people.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 03:33:22 pm »

She said, yes, it is a trend.

My observation?  And I am a pretty old guy....   Morality has gradually gone to hell in my life time.

Out of Wedlock  births?  Highly scandalous in my youth.  Now common place.

The F word?  Jaw dropping and shocking 50 years ago.  Today?  Maybe the most widely used adverb/adjective in use.

General promuscuity?  In my youth getting to second base was a cause for celebration.  Today, open hookups are just part of the normal social scene, and as often as not, initiated by the female gender.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 04:26:33 pm »
My observation?  And I am a pretty old guy....   Morality has gradually gone to hell in my life time.

Out of Wedlock  births?  Highly scandalous in my youth.  Now common place.

The F word?  Jaw dropping and shocking 50 years ago.  Today?  Maybe the most widely used adverb/adjective in use.

General promuscuity?  In my youth getting to second base was a cause for celebration.  Today, open hookups are just part of the normal social scene, and as often as not, initiated by the female gender.
Society, or at least American society, can't seem to moderate.
Fifty-sixty years ago we saw tv shows and movies that showed married couples sleeping in twin beds.
At the time I thought, that's weird, my parents sleep in one big bed.
There were other prohibitions that seemed a little too conservative.  For instance,  tv ads concerning constipation only mentioned "irregularity." I didn't know what irregularity was or even constipation for that matter.
But now we are told in ads concerning problems urinating they outright say the P word which is the vulgar term for it. What's next for the contipation ads....use the S word?
You are right, society has just become too vulgar.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 04:47:32 pm »
Can "Free The Weenie" be far behind?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 05:01:48 pm »
Can "Free The Weenie" be far behind?

Then Carlos Danger can get a pardon.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 05:08:55 pm »

Then Carlos Danger can get a pardon.

He would need a fistful of pardons.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 05:13:20 pm »
He would need a fistful of pardons.

Or a palm full anyway.

Offline corbe

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 06:41:22 pm »
   You horny ol Briefers seem to have been married way too long.  You need to get the sleep out of your eyes and put your snorkeling gear on and dive deeper into this situation.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 10:19:41 pm »
"Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll !"...

We were warned.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 10:31:54 pm »
"Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll !"...

We were warned.

When I was young I wanted to see every nipple ever born in the 50's when they came of age or under age..   I was actively looking for them in the late 1960's, the 70's and the 80's.  I found them and they were fine as good wine.   I am older now but the #mynipples of the 2000's woke seem to have lost their appeal. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2019, 06:54:32 am »
I don't know. All I do know is that if I don't get my phone shut off right before I put it away in my shirt pocket, my nipple calls random people.
Does it call better people than when you put it in your back pocket?

(One of my granddaughters got a call from her (now ex) husband, all sorts of moanings and such, and not all of it his...

He butt dialed her, and gave her all the reason she needed to be rid of him!)

(IMHO, she shouldn't have waited even until they got to the altar to send him packing, much less tied the knot.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2019, 02:14:20 pm »
Does it call better people than when you put it in your back pocket?

LOL! True story... So I met, or rather re-met Dee Dee about a month ago - She's a waitress in a rib joint these days... Back in the day, we had a thing, off and on, here and there... One of the few party gals that was more-or-less with me all the way along, walking down that path...

Anyhow, she is a dear friend that I have not seen in many years... she plugged her digits into my phone, and since then, my nipple has conspiratorially only called her... three times, several days to a week apart. I think my nipple misses her :shrug:

And my butt never gets the phone. Everywhere I worked was a rough environment and phones were commonly destroyed upon my person. No electronics ever survived in my pants. My flip phone lived hung over the collar of my t-shirt, and no where else. Wish it were still so...

Even today, the smart phone won't make it anywhere on my person, other than my shirt pocket behind the ever-present notepad that resides there too - Why that notepad is there is beyond me... It's function went away with the advent of the day-planner, which eventually went missing due to the electronic PIM, which has now passed on due to the presence of the smartphone...  still the notebook remains an integral part of my EDC... And the irony that the phone and the notebook reside in the same pocket is not lost on me... Go figger, eh?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:15:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 06:28:29 am »
LOL! True story... So I met, or rather re-met Dee Dee about a month ago - She's a waitress in a rib joint these days... Back in the day, we had a thing, off and on, here and there... One of the few party gals that was more-or-less with me all the way along, walking down that path...

Anyhow, she is a dear friend that I have not seen in many years... she plugged her digits into my phone, and since then, my nipple has conspiratorially only called her... three times, several days to a week apart. I think my nipple misses her :shrug:

And my butt never gets the phone. Everywhere I worked was a rough environment and phones were commonly destroyed upon my person. No electronics ever survived in my pants. My flip phone lived hung over the collar of my t-shirt, and no where else. Wish it were still so...

Even today, the smart phone won't make it anywhere on my person, other than my shirt pocket behind the ever-present notepad that resides there too - Why that notepad is there is beyond me... It's function went away with the advent of the day-planner, which eventually went missing due to the electronic PIM, which has now passed on due to the presence of the smartphone...  still the notebook remains an integral part of my EDC... And the irony that the phone and the notebook reside in the same pocket is not lost on me... Go figger, eh?
It's a mite easier to start a fire using the notebook pages....fold one over a few times to take the wiggle out of the cafe table.... and leave notes for folks when you won't be there. Double the cardboard over and set the points in the truck....Besides, hard copy can survive amazing things...

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2019, 01:47:29 pm »
It's a mite easier to start a fire using the notebook pages....fold one over a few times to take the wiggle out of the cafe table.... and leave notes for folks when you won't be there. Double the cardboard over and set the points in the truck....Besides, hard copy can survive amazing things...

Except water sometimes.  Ink jet prints run.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: