Author Topic: FreeTheNipple wins victory in Colorado  (Read 1323 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: FreeTheNipple wins victory in Colorado
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 02:29:05 pm »
It's a mite easier to start a fire using the notebook pages....fold one over a few times to take the wiggle out of the cafe table.... and leave notes for folks when you won't be there. Double the cardboard over and set the points in the truck....Besides, hard copy can survive amazing things...

LOL! So you're tellin me you carry a little notebook too... I should have known. :laugh:

One of the things I STILL do out of that notebook is papered deals... If I make word with someone, and there is money involved, that deal is written down and initialed by all parties. A mighty shoddy contract, written in a weird redneck shorthand, but it works a charm if someone is going wobbly in execution.

Same with non-money deals, or carried money deals... I have friends where money never changes hands... I've got this and he's got that... They are assigned a monetary value, and traded as such...Except often that doesn't work in a straight across trade, one thing being worth more than the other... And while we always catch it up on the next one, That is often complicated by volume, and it is hard to remember who is in which pocket...

One of my very best friends is a big, badass biker dude, And there was a time when there was such volume between us that he got his very own notebook on my person... But he is typical - we will cut a deal, and make word, shake hands, then out come the notebooks to settle flags. They're like coupons, but seldom traded for money... just traded out in deals...

So that little book still has its place.  :laugh: