Author Topic: 4 convicted in Sacramento County killings receive clemency from Gov. Gavin Newsom  (Read 697 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:
4 convicted in Sacramento County killings receive clemency from Gov. Gavin Newsom
By Michael McGough
September 13, 2019 04:29 PM

Youth offender status was another important factor considered, with 15 of the 21 total commutations involving inmates convicted before the age of 26. The four Sacramento County grantees were all between ages 18 and 26 at the time of their crimes.

Velez has served more than 28 years of his sentence for killing an armed guard during a robbery in 1991. Velez was 26 at the time.

Felix, 18 at the time of his crime, fatally shot a man in 1993 during a carjacking, and has served 26 years.

Jones has served nearly 20 years for a 1999 drug-related murder.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article235063472.html#storylink=cpy

Kimberly Guilfoyle posted this article on her twitter, thought I'd share.  She was strongly against this action, I'd really have to read deeply into the story. It doesn't sound like they should get any leniency for murder.

Non-violent offenses are something else to talk about.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:04:17 am by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Excerpt:
Kimberly Guilfoyle posted this article on her twitter, thought I'd share.  She was strongly against this action, I'd really have to read deeply into the story. It doesn't sound like they should get any leniency for murder.

Non-violent offenses are something else to talk about.

@TomSea

Not really a big deal because they will all be back in prison within a year for new crimes,including murder. It is even almost a certainty the person or people they murder will be fellow criminals from the same ethnic group to which they belong. I say this because career criminals almost exclusively hang with and do business with other career criminals. It's the only culture they know and understand.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Governor Dingaling is proving to be one disgusting piece of shiite. Even worse than his ridiculous predecessor.