Author Topic: Trump names five finalists for national security adviser  (Read 210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump names five finalists for national security adviser
« on: September 17, 2019, 07:10:28 pm »
Trump names five finalists for national security adviser
by Steven Nelson
 | September 17, 2019 02:42 PM

President Trump told reporters on Air Force One that he now has five finalists for the position of national security adviser.

Trump named attorney and U.S. hostage negotiator Robert O’Brien, assistant to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Ricky Waddell, Energy Department nuclear security expert Lisa Gordon-Hagerty, former National Security Council Chief of Staff Fred Fleitz and retired Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg, who currently advises Vice President Mike Pence.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-names-five-finalists-for-national-security-adviser
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump names five finalists for national security adviser
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 01:32:13 am »
Interesting choices.  Hopefully he won't pick the one that was under Bolton.  Not the private lawyer either.  But the lady looks like one smart cookie on Nuclear war and terrorism.  The other two are Army Generals.

I think the lady sounds good. 

https://www.c-span.org/person/?lisagordonhagerty
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:39:36 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 02:19:02 pm »
O'Brien was picked, I saw it was posted, so deleted my story and now, I can not find that one.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »
Trump names State Dept official Robert O’Brien as national security advisor, replacing John Bolton

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/18/trump-names-state-dept-official-robert-obrien-as-national-security-advisor-replacing-john-bolton.html

Trump’s announcement of his fourth national security advisor comes eight days after the abrupt departure of John Bolton.

Trump says he fired Bolton, but Bolton says he resigned.

The position does not require Senate confirmation.

President Donald Trump named Robert O’Brien as his national security advisor on Wednesday, eight days after the abrupt departure of John Bolton.

O’Brien, a State Department official, will become Trump’s fourth national security advisor, following the departures of Bolton and three-star Army generals Michael Flynn and H.R. McMaster.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

I am pleased to announce that I will name Robert C. O’Brien, currently serving as the very successful Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs at the State Department, as our new National Security Advisor. I have worked long & hard with Robert. He will do a great job!
8:23 AM - Sep 18, 2019

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 02:32:35 pm »
O'Brien was picked, I saw it was posted, so deleted my story and now, I can not find that one.
@TomSea

It's in the deleted thread archive along with yours.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 02:38:02 pm »
I deleted mine and the other poster must have deleted their's but mine was clearly minutes after the prior post. It must be in the deleted post area, wherever that is.

I can't believe that other one totally vanished too.