Author Topic: Trump’s right - this Kavanaugh sex smear fiasco proves the New York Times is now a partisan hack pap  (Read 388 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7470227/PIERS-MORGAN-Trumps-right-Kavanaugh-fiasco-proves-NY-Times-partisan-hack-paper.html

PIERS MORGAN: Trump’s right - this Kavanaugh sex smear fiasco proves the New York Times is now a partisan hack paper intent on destroying his presidency by any means necessary

But sometimes a ridiculous correction appears that goes way beyond any semblance of humor, and makes my eyeballs explode.

In the early hours of yesterday morning, the New York Times posted online a sensationally lurid story about Supreme Court justice Brett Kavanaugh.

It was from a new book that two of the paper’s reporters – an arts writer and Wall Street correspondent - have written about Kavanaugh’s college years.

The bombshell allegation was that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a young woman at Yale.
Then came the correction.

A sharp-eyed journalist, The Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway, who’d been sent an advance copy of the book, spotted a crucial omission and tweeted about it.

In a new ‘Editors’ note’ posted a few hours later, the New York Times stated: ‘An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book’s account ... The book reports that the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say she does not recall the incident. That information has been added to the article.’
Let me get this absolutely straight: the supposedly most prestigious newspaper in America published an unbelievably damaging allegation against a Supreme Court justice and neglected to mention that the supposed victim of this ‘sexual assault’ doesn’t remember it ever happening?

And the New York Times KNEW this fact but decided not to include it in their report?

So they deliberately withheld from their readers a staggeringly important piece of information that would have led the vast majority of those readers to have a very different perception as to the veracity of this story?

This is the very worst kind of indefensible guttersnipe journalism; a trumped-up smear with no credible basis of evidence to support it, designed to destroy the reputation of one of America’s highest ranking lawmakers, and possibly cost him his job.
It’s hard not to conclude that they did it because their anti-Trump agenda is now so embedded in the newspaper’s DNA they’re prepared to play fast and loose with facts if it helps take him down.
The once revered Old Gray Lady’s become a grubby partisan charlatan.

Piers Morgan is thoroughly liberal and not a Trump fan, last I heard. But he's a liberal who isn't afraid to skewer Lib/Prog sacred cows when they deserve to be roasted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Absalom

Why anyone is shocked by the NYT is ............well beyond shocking!
In the thirties, they employed and featured a journo, Walter Duranty
who denied the Ukrainian Famine inflicted by Stalin as well as his
purges of the Kulaks along w/his fellow Bolsheviks.
Further the Times actively promoted Duranty for a Pulitzer Prize!!!   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In the thirties, they employed and featured a journo, Walter Duranty
who denied the Ukrainian Famine inflicted by Stalin as well as his purges of the Kulaks along w/his fellow Bolsheviks. Further the Times actively promoted Duranty for a Pulitzer Prize!!!

Absolutely true! Nothing new about the NY Times being a left-wing tool
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien