Author Topic: We've lost sight of the real scandal  (Read 456 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We've lost sight of the real scandal
« on: September 17, 2019, 03:07:49 pm »
We've lost sight of the real scandal

BY SHARYL ATTKISSON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 09/17/19 08:30 AM EDT  891THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

What will Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s latest investigation reveal? Will Congress hold hearings about it? Will former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe actually get indicted? After all, it’s said that a motivated prosecutor can “indict a ham sandwich” if he really wants to.

We’re so wrapped up in the daily tick-tock, we could be losing sight of a big picture that’s come into focus over the past two years. For the first time in our nation’s history, an inspector general — one appointed by President Obama — has determined that at least two men who sat in the top spot at the FBI committed multiple violations that warrant possible prosecution. That in itself is a scandal with national implications deserving of headlines, congressional hearings and promises to overhaul a broken system.

Of course, the complicating factor in the whole mess is that the government entities responsible for addressing any wrongdoing are the same ones inextricably tied to the alleged wrongdoing...

So, as Americans wait to see if a shoe is about to drop in McCabe’s case, the adage about indicting a sandwich is true. But the calculus may be different when those in charge of indicting the sandwich are the same ones making it.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/461599-weve-lost-sight-of-the-real-scandal?fbclid=IwAR3IRiE69d_A4-biQkIRr-m_fG5YkHdf6WOBZQWNOBNCjLyV1CGOqKVMTlE
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: We've lost sight of the real scandal
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 03:09:31 pm »
But the calculus may be different when those in charge of indicting the sandwich are the same ones making it.

Truer words than these have never been spoken.  Very different in fact.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

Re: We've lost sight of the real scandal
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 03:12:33 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.