Author Topic: Florida: Do You Know Who is Delivering Purchases to Your Home?  (Read 219 times)

rangerrebew

Florida: Do You Know Who is Delivering Purchases to Your Home?
« on: September 17, 2019, 02:37:00 pm »

Florida: Do You Know Who is Delivering Purchases to Your Home?
September 17, 2019 ~ Ann Corcoran   

That is what the Palm Beach Post asked in a front page headline in the wake of the horrific murder of a vulnerable grandmother who was probably so excited to be receiving her brand new washer and dryer a few weeks ago—not knowing that her new appliances spelled death.

Evelyn Udell Smith, a grandmother who had been married for 55 years, is dead.

Who could imagine that a delivery man, working as a subcontractor for a company hired by Best Buy, would beat her with a mallet, douse her with chemicals and set her on fire!

Did you see this story?  I hadn’t until a reader sent me a clipping from the local newspaper, the Palm Beach Post.

https://fraudscrookscriminals.com/2019/09/17/florida-do-you-know-who-is-delivering-purchases-to-your-home/

Offline Victoria33

Re: Florida: Do You Know Who is Delivering Purchases to Your Home?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 03:36:37 pm »
@rangerrebew

This is terrible.  Educated Librarian woman, retired and living her life and one of the delivery men attacked her and set her on fire. 

I made a mistake in security several Amazon purchases ago.  I was watching on Amazon as the man was making his way to this house.  It is hot Texas summer.  When I saw our house was next, I took a cold bottle of water and went to the door.  Went outside and he walked to me with the package.  I gave him the bottle of water, he thanked me and left.

I should not have done that and won't do it again.  This house is in a city, not out in the country.  I have a type of mace and stun "weapon" at a table next to the front door.  I will not open the door unless Bob is here.

When growing up, no one locked their house, when in town, didn't take the key out of the car.  We are not that anymore.