Author Topic: Arkansas school faces backlash after cheerleaders hoist MAGA banner at football game  (Read 338 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

It was a nice play on words but the Left lost their minds!

by KATVMonday, September 16th 2019
AA

Arkansas High School Cheerleaders use MAGA sign at football game. (Photo: Yolande Smith)
LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — An Arkansas high school is facing criticism after cheerleaders hoisted a banner saying "Make America Great Again" at a football game.

Cheerleaders at Lake Hamilton High School in Pearcy unfurled the sign bearing President Donald Trump's campaign slogan Friday. The sign also said "Trump the Leopards," referring to the school's opponent, Malvern High School.

Arkansas lawmakers are among those who have weighed in on the banner. State Sen. Joyce Elliott, D-Little Rock, tweeted on Saturday that the sign is inappropriate because public entities should not be used to "advance our politics."

Elliott's tweet had more than 130 likes and several comments Monday morning.

State Rep. Aaron Pilkington, R-Fort Smith, said in a tweet Saturday that Elliott should "chill out." He said the sign was a "play on words" about beating their football opponent.

The "Make America Great Again" slogan, commonly seen on red baseball caps worn by Trump and his supporters, is seen by some as politically and socially divisive.

Members of the Malvern community have joined the online discourse, some saying that Lake Hamilton was racially motivated. The Lake Hamilton High School student body is 79.3 percent white and the Malvern High School student body is 30.8 percent black, according to the Arkansas ADE Data Center.

https://katv.com/news/local/arkansas-high-school-facing-backlash-after-using-trump-slogan-during-football-game
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Members of the Malvern community have joined the online discourse, some saying that Lake Hamilton was racially motivated. The Lake Hamilton High School student body is 79.3 percent white and the Malvern High School student body is 30.8 percent black, according to the Arkansas ADE Data Center.

So does that mean that Malvern High School is  69.2% white vs. Lake Hamilton High School's 79.3% ... a whopping 10.1% difference?? 

Offline PeteS in CA

Probably not an appropriate thing to do, but did State Sen. Joyce Elliott howl when public schools had students singing paeans of praise to Obama?

Yeah, I don't think so either.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So does that mean that Malvern High School is  69.2% white vs. Lake Hamilton High School's 79.3% ... a whopping 10.1% difference??

I saw that also!  I loved how they played up the minority number like it was a big deal. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.