Author Topic: Snowden: 'Ultimate goal' is return to US, but wants 'fair trial'  (Read 327 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Snowden: 'Ultimate goal' is return to US, but wants 'fair trial'
« on: September 16, 2019, 05:50:29 pm »
By Rebecca Klar - 09/16/19 12:40 PM EDT

© Getty

Edward Snowden said on Monday that his goal is to return home to the U.S., but not until officials agree to terms he considers necessary for a “fair trial.”

“I would like to return to the United States. That is the ultimate goal. But if I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in prison, the one bottom line demand that we have to agree to is that at least I get a fair trial. And that is the one thing the government has refused to guarantee because they won't provide access to what's called a public interest defense,” Snowden told "CBS This Morning."

The former intelligence analyst, who leaked information about National Security Agency surveillance programs, said he’s not asking for a “parade” or a pardon but that he won’t return from Russia until U.S. officials agree to open the courtroom he would be tried in to the public and allow a jury to consider his motives.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/461578-snowden-ultimate-goal-is-return-to-us-but-wants-fair-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Snowden: 'Ultimate goal' is return to US, but wants 'fair trial'
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:59:02 pm »
He can return to the USA as long as we get the chance to try him for treason with the possibility of frying his treasonous *ss!

Let him rot in Russia!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 06:10:32 pm »
Hanging, Electrocution, Gas, or lethal injection is the traitors path to glory... and much too good for the likes of you, Snowden.  Stay in exile.  You are a man without a country you scum sucking bitch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 10:28:44 pm »
I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'd let Snowden off relatively easy.

What he really did was confirm what many had suspected for some time -- the massive snooping and information gathering on America's citizens by their own government.

After all, even "before Snowden", I was posting this here at the Briefing Room:
Proposed:
Citizens protected by this Constitution possess an inalienable right to privacy in their persons, businesses, and homes, and while they are in public.

It shall be a violation of this Constitution for the United States or for the several States to violate or invade the individual privacy of citizens by use of physical, mechanical, or electronic means or by the use of devices on land, on water, below the ground, or from the air.

This protection shall extend to all lawful communications and acts by an individual citizen or between two or more citizens, including content that is spoken, written, or electronically transmitted. It shall extend to citizens regardless of their location, whether in private or in public.

The only exceptions will be as governed by the Fourth Amendment of this Constitution.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 02:00:13 pm »
He should get a fair trial...followed by a prompt execution.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!