Author Topic: Here is a New Policy Concept: Enforce The Law  (Read 1321 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Here is a New Policy Concept: Enforce The Law
« on: September 16, 2019, 12:17:25 am »
Here’s something we all can agree on: When criminals attempt to illegally obtain firearms we must enforce the law by arresting and prosecuting them.

Five years before the murderous rampage in Odessa, Texas, the criminal attempted to illegally purchase a firearm from a federally licensed firearms retailer (FFL). He was denied, as he was already prohibited under existing federal law from buying or possessing a firearm because a court had determined he was dangerously-mentally ill.

In the aftermath of this tragedy, we see the same, tired, knee-jerk reactions to ban certain types of popular firearms in response to the criminal acts of a madman. As we continue to point out – these policies fail to reach the goal we all have of safer communities.

The question that remains is why the criminal was not arrested and prosecuted when he attempted to illegally purchase a firearm? The FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) system worked in this case, but after the appropriate denial was made, what happened next?

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms and ammunition industry, has long called for enforcing our laws. Those who try to buy firearms, knowing they are a prohibited person, are breaking the law.

And yet, they are rarely prosecuted for illegally lying on a federal form and claiming they are not prohibited.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/here-is-a-new-policy-concept-enforce-the-law/#axzz5zdrypxnM
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Here is a New Policy Concept: Enforce The Law
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 03:28:17 am »
Is there any way to query the NICS database to see if there is a blemish on one's record?  it's possible somebody could be on the list and not know it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:38:53 am »
Is there any way to query the NICS database to see if there is a blemish on one's record?  it's possible somebody could be on the list and not know it.
I'd like to be able to query public records at will, but also NCIC to check serial numbers on private purchases and see if they are legit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:45:13 am »
I think each state has a database on people that lets you check to see what your record is in that state.

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 01:54:30 pm »
I think each state has a database on people that lets you check to see what your record is in that state.

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

A good site for court records, but I'm interested in NICS specifically.  I have a friend who keeps getting the 72-hour hold when purchasing a gun, but he has no idea why he has to wait. In the end, he always gets it but it's a curiosity why there's a hold.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 08:34:05 pm »
A good site for court records, but I'm interested in NICS specifically.  I have a friend who keeps getting the 72-hour hold when purchasing a gun, but he has no idea why he has to wait. In the end, he always gets it but it's a curiosity why there's a hold.
I'd love to have full access to NICS, NCIC, et. al. I'd love to be able to check if a firearm I saw on the cheap side at a rummage sale is legit or hot.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 08:54:52 pm »
I'd love to have full access to NICS, NCIC, et. al. I'd love to be able to check if a firearm I saw on the cheap side at a rummage sale is legit or hot.

If "safety" was the purpose of those databases, they'd all be open and searchable online, just for the reason you mention.  I should be able to run the same check on a second-hand weapon as a traffic cop who stops me and wants to run the serial on my carry piece.  If such a weapon comes up stolen, I can call the cops at my leisure (like when I'm away from the seller).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 05:41:45 am »
If "safety" was the purpose of those databases, they'd all be open and searchable online, just for the reason you mention.  I should be able to run the same check on a second-hand weapon as a traffic cop who stops me and wants to run the serial on my carry piece.  If such a weapon comes up stolen, I can call the cops at my leisure (like when I'm away from the seller).
If you could quietly just enter the S/N before you made the purchase, you'd be protected from taking the hit on a hot gun, and possibly charges (if you didn't know).

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 02:25:11 pm »
If you could quietly just enter the S/N before you made the purchase, you'd be protected from taking the hit on a hot gun, and possibly charges (if you didn't know).

Exactly.  A crime would be prevented, and the government doesn't seem to want us serfs to be able to do even that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 02:28:37 pm »
Exactly.  A crime would be prevented, and the government doesn't seem to want us serfs to be able to do even that.

"How dare you suggest that the people be granted some kind of power like that" - The Government
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 02:38:58 pm »
"How dare you suggest that the people be granted some kind of power like that" - The Government

"You might abuse the power!  It's OUR job to abuse power, not yours!  We're elected!  It's 'Democratic'!"
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 03:40:03 pm »
"It's our power, how dare you usurp it?" --The People.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 12:58:36 pm »
If we actually enforced laws thta would be fewer dead horses for the Libs to beat on.  11513
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.