Author Topic: Bolton reportedly resigned after Trump raised possibility of relieving Iran sanctions  (Read 155 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton reportedly resigned after Trump raised possibility of relieving Iran sanctions
by Carlin Becker
 | September 14, 2019 01:05 PM

Former national security adviser John Bolton resigned from his position this week after President Trump suggested relieving some sanctions on Iran, a source close to Bolton told Axios.

According to the outlet, Bolton "did not favor giving the Iranians relief and believed the maximum pressure campaign was working." Therefore, he submitted his resignation following Trump's recommendation. After news of his departure broke, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani " signaled approval."

President Trump announced on Tuesday that he was firing Bolton from his role in the administration after a Monday conversation they had about Iran. At the time, the president indicated that he "disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions." Bolton, however, later claimed he had offered Trump his resignation the night before.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bolton-reportedly-resigned-after-trump-raised-possibility-of-relieving-iran-sanctions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I had read that he was looking at easing the sanctions on Iran.  It was the French Presidents plan that he was going to go along with.  This isn't the article I first read but it talks about it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-11/trump-rouhani-meeting-odds-improve-after-john-bolton-s-exit
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:23:26 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.