Author Topic: Conservatives offer stark warning to Trump, GOP on background checks  (Read 2621 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Conservatives offer stark warning to Trump, GOP on background checks
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2019, 04:39:46 pm »

He did a great job of exposing her as a hypocrite on gun control.  Once again showing that Progressives believe that gun laws are for everyone except them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2019, 04:42:00 pm »
@sneakypete

You'll see on the record here that my support of Cruz has been waning for some time now. A gun control bill of any kind will seal that deal, and move me directly into 'Oh Hell No'.

Too bad too. Cruz is throwing it all away for Tumpy the Wonder Clown.  **nononono*

@roamer_1

Cruz frustrates the HELL out of me. He just seems to be a weasel,and then he starts to sound like a genuine conservative and gets me leaning towards supporting him,and the next thing I know,he back in Full Weasel mode again.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOOD GUN CONTROL.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2019, 04:42:39 pm »
He did a great job of exposing her as a hypocrite on gun control.  Once again showing that Progressives believe that gun laws are for everyone except them.

Yes he did.

Now watch him vote for expanded background checks, including red flag provisions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2019, 04:44:01 pm »
It is not my political party @sneakypete . I, far more than others here, cannot be accused of supporting RINOs... and I do not hate Tumpy. Not in the least.

@roamer_1

IF that is the case,I apologize. All *I* ever see from you are anti-Trump rants,though.

Maybe I am just not looking in the right places?

Offline corbe

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2019, 04:45:16 pm »
   If your wife was a twitter demon and had your balls in a jar in the closet wouldn't you be reluctant to approach her about her obsessive shoe buying habit @sneakypete   /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2019, 04:47:01 pm »

@txradioguy

Who is she?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2019, 04:47:22 pm »
Yes he did.

Now watch him vote for expanded background checks, including red flag provisions.

Not gonna happen.  He's made that very clear.  Sorry to disappoint you on that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2019, 04:49:59 pm »
   If your wife was a twitter demon and had your balls in a jar in the closet wouldn't you be reluctant to approach her about her obsessive shoe buying habit @sneakypete   /JS

@corbe

I honestly can't imagine that ever being a factor in my life,so I don't know how to answer it. My standard reply to receiving orders from a woman I live with is to ask her is she needs a ride to the bus station. I respond well to suggestions,but giving me orders will lead to becoming homeless.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2019, 04:50:56 pm »
@txradioguy

Who is she?

It's Alyssa Milano.  Used to be a pretty good looking actress known for her role in "Who's The Boss" in the early 80's and in "Charmed" in the early 2000's.

Now she's just a Progressive shrew.  Anti-gun...pro open borders...pro Bernie Sanders...made it a point to be in the camera shot every time they cut to Brett Kavanaugh during his hearings.

If it weren't for AOC...she's be the dumbest woman on Social Media.  She

She tried to call out Ted Cruz about his position on guns...he said "come to my office lets chat"...she did...he made her look dumb...got her to admit she owns two guns for "protection".
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:53:25 pm by txradioguy »

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2019, 04:51:33 pm »
Not gonna happen.  He's made that very clear.  Sorry to disappoint you on that.

I posted his proposed gun control bill from 2013 which he touted today on ABC.  See post 48 on this very thread.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2019, 04:54:31 pm »
I posted his proposed gun control bill from 2013 which he touted today on ABC.  See post 48 on this very thread.

Saw that.  I've also see and heard what he's been saying about it in the media and on social media in 2019...something he allegedly supported six years ago.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:35:46 pm by txradioguy »

Offline corbe

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2019, 04:54:43 pm »
   @sneakypete My (X) main squeeze is currently homeless so we are too much alike in that aspect.
   Like you, I don't suffer fools well, unless they're Briefers. wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2019, 04:58:49 pm »
It's Alyssa Milano. 

@txradioguy

Ok,thanks! Now I sorta know who she is. IIRC,she was a pretty good actress at one time?

Now she's just a Progressive shrew.  Anti-gun...pro open borders...pro Bernie Sanders...made it a point to be in the camera shot every time they cut to Brett Kavanaugh during his hearings.

That's calling "lobbying for another acting gig in Hollywood."  Actors and Actresses tend to do idiot stuff like this once the producers quit calling and they get desperate for work.

She tried to call out Ted Cruz about his position on guns...he said "come to my office lets chat"...she did...he made her look dumb...got her to admit she owns two guns for "protection".

Well,you have to give her credit for accepting and showing up and admitting that she owns guns. I doubt most would do that.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:00:48 pm by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2019, 05:01:46 pm »
@roamer_1

Cruz frustrates the HELL out of me. He just seems to be a weasel,and then he starts to sound like a genuine conservative and gets me leaning towards supporting him,and the next thing I know,he back in Full Weasel mode again.

@sneakypete
I have backed him to the 9's ever since he arose. His Conservative credz have been immaculate since high school. His record is almost perfect... And I throw 'almost' in there just because nobody's perfect.
But since his loss to Tumpy, he has gone way down hill. He'd better pull out of it before he wrecks himself. And he is sure as hell frustrating me now.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOOD GUN CONTROL.

That's right. Shall Not Be Infringed.
Remember that when Tumpy signs it into law.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2019, 05:06:50 pm »
@sneakypete
I have backed him to the 9's ever since he arose. His Conservative credz have been immaculate since high school. His record is almost perfect... And I throw 'almost' in there just because nobody's perfect.
But since his loss to Tumpy, he has gone way down hill. He'd better pull out of it before he wrecks himself. And he is sure as hell frustrating me now.

That's right. Shall Not Be Infringed.
Remember that when Tumpy signs it into law.

@roamer_1

The one thing nobody can say about Cruz is that he is stupid. He is probably one of the smartest guys in politics today,but his lust to live in the White House has him trying to be everything to everybody,and that only works if you are a Dim.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2019, 05:10:54 pm »
@txradioguy

Ok,thanks! Now I sorta know who she is. IIRC,she was a pretty good actress at one time?

That's calling "lobbying for another acting gig in Hollywood."  Actors and Actresses tend to do idiot stuff like this once the producers quit calling and they get desperate for work.

Well,you have to give her credit for accepting and showing up and admitting that she owns guns. I doubt most would do that.

The problem with her admitting...now and only now...that she has guns is all of her statements and comments on social media saying no one needs to own guns and all of the normal Progressive BS that follows that.

It's like when Rosie O'Donnell was railing agaisnt guns and gun ownership...only to have it revealed she had armed guards for her kids.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:12:10 pm by txradioguy »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2019, 05:11:18 pm »
@roamer_1

IF that is the case,I apologize. All *I* ever see from you are anti-Trump rants,though.

Maybe I am just not looking in the right places?

@sneakypete
That's not altogether true - I have defended him upon rare occasions. It is certainly true that I am against him. That I don't like him, and that I think him to be a small man with little integrity. I also think he lies all the time, and inflates his so called victories.

Am I anti-Tump? Oh hell yeah.
Heck, if it weren't for the office he holds, and calling himself and his movement 'conservative', I would hardly be aware of his existence.

That doesn't mean I hate him.

But it does make me laugh when his breathless unthinking acolytes use 'hater' language just like their liberal counterparts.

Offline corbe

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2019, 05:12:28 pm »
Ted Cruz: 'Donald Trump has broken the Democratic Party'

by Hunter Lovell

September 15, 2019 11:48 AM

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said on ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos that President Trump has "broken the Democratic Party" and that Democrats are solely focused on "hating him."

ABC host George Stephanopoulos mentioned Cruz's warning that Texas could be a potential background state in the 2020 presidential election and noted that five Republican House members from the state have come forward saying they would not seek reelection next year.

Cruz claimed that the third Democratic presidential debate in Houston on Thursday was a "very bad night" for Democrats because the candidates did not mention the economy's relative strength through the third quarter of this year.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-donald-trump-has-broken-the-democratic-party

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2019, 05:15:42 pm »
@roamer_1

The one thing nobody can say about Cruz is that he is stupid. He is probably one of the smartest guys in politics today,but his lust to live in the White House has him trying to be everything to everybody,and that only works if you are a Dim.

@sneakypete
It is certainly looking like that now.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2019, 05:26:56 pm »

NO @Right_in_Virginia you did no such thing!  You posted an article from the Hill with lots of statements about the bill but a link to the actual bill is nowhere to be found.

@txradioguy is exactly right on this and you should put that fire on your head out now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2019, 06:00:52 pm »
The problem with her admitting...now and only now...that she has guns is all of her statements and comments on social media saying no one needs to own guns and all of the normal Progressive BS that follows that.

It's like when Rosie O'Donnell was railing agaisnt guns and gun ownership...only to have it revealed she had armed guards for her kids.

@txradioguy

Same thing with Whoopie Goldberg being "anti-gun". She once gave a interview to Time or some similar magazine (I have CRS),and the interview took place in the farm house she owns in a rural area. In one of the photos taken in her kitchen,you can see a autoloading shotgun propped up against the wall. AFAIK,Whoopie has never addressed this and admitted or denied it,but there it was.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2019, 06:04:34 pm »
@libertybelle

CRUZ called it a gun control bill,and if it is not about gun control,what is the 105 million dollars in the bill supposed to accomplish?

And we ALL know that if the bill is passed,105 million dollars will be just a down-payment on the money that will be spent by the time it passes.

The things the $105M are supposed to accomplish were already listed, in detail.

He called it "gun control" because it is largely measures to ensure that data is entered correctly, and in a timely manner, into the background check system that already exists.

Isn't our response to calls for more laws "enforce the ones you have on the books?"  That's exactly what that bill tries to accomplish.

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2019, 06:43:02 pm »
NO @Right_in_Virginia you did no such thing!  You posted an article from the Hill with lots of statements about the bill but a link to the actual bill is nowhere to be found.

@txradioguy is exactly right on this and you should put that fire on your head out now.

Sweetie, MY head is not the one on fire.   :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2019, 06:45:22 pm »
Sweetie, MY head is not the one on fire.   :laugh:

Whatever you say dear!   :yawn2:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:52:44 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.