Author Topic: Ted Cruz: 'I believe' Trump will win Texas but 'it will be closer than last time'  (Read 310 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz: 'I believe' Trump will win Texas but 'it will be closer than last time'
by Caitlin Yilek
 | September 13, 2019 10:42 AM

President Trump will face a tougher race in historically red Texas this time around, according to Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.

“Texas is a battleground,” Cruz told the Christian Science Monitor on Thursday. “Texas is going to be hotly contested in 2020. I believe the president will win Texas. I think it will be closer than last time.”

Trump won the state in the 2016 presidential election, beating Hillary Clinton by 9 percentage points. It was the Republican Party’s narrowest margin of victory in more than 20 years, when Bill Clinton lost the state to President George H.W. Bush by 3.5 percentage points.

“The far left is pissed off. They hate the president and that is a powerful motivator,” Cruz said. “If the left shows up in massive numbers and everybody else doesn’t, that’s how we end up with an incredibly damaging election.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-i-believe-trump-will-win-texas-but-it-will-be-closer-than-last-time
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34