Author Topic: Trump Says He Will Unveil 'Middle-Income' Tax Plan in 2020  (Read 550 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Says He Will Unveil 'Middle-Income' Tax Plan in 2020
« on: September 13, 2019, 01:51:07 pm »

Thursday, 12 September 2019 08:33 PM

President Donald Trump said on Thursday his administration would unveil a tax overhaul plan aimed at middle-income households next year, amid the 2020 presidential election.

"We'll be announcing it sometime in the next year. But it'll be very, very substantial tax cut for middle-income folks who work so hard. And we'll look forward to that. We're going to work on it altogether," Trump told Republican lawmakers, without providing any additional details.

Trump has said his administration was considering potential tax cuts, seeking to play down market anxieties over a possible recession. At the end of 2017, Trump passed a tax overhaul passed by the Republican-led Congress.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/headline/trump-middleincome-tax-cut/2019/09/12/id/932472/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump Says He Will Unveil 'Middle-Income' Tax Plan in 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:39:46 pm »
It should have already been done.  I am supposed to vote for him on something he says?  If I look at the record of the things he said and did its not looking good.  But if he wins I guess we will see if he comes through.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:43:33 pm »
*YAWN*

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 08:49:19 pm »
*YAWN*

That's great but the burger should be missing the patty.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 08:54:33 pm »
That's great but the burger should be missing the patty.

:beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 09:10:41 pm »
I would rather see him unveil a middle class government spending plan.  You know, one where the household has to balance its checking account each month.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 09:12:40 pm »
I would rather see him unveil a middle class government spending plan.  You know, one where the household has to balance its checking account each month.

Yep. I am to the point of insisting upon a balanced budget, because without the platinum credit card, many ills will resolve themselves.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 10:49:04 pm »
His last IRS middle class tax plan (less taxes) has a stop date on it - it goes away, but the business tax reduction done at the same time, is forever.

Read the small print when this new one comes out.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 11:08:29 pm »
How will "middle class" be defined?  I remember during the Clinton era. the definition of "middle class" changed with the wind.  At  one point, I think something like $50,000 was considered wealthy. 

And @Victoria33 is right:  Read the fine print. The last so-called "tax reform" did nothing for the average working person and what little it did had an expiration date. 

What is really needed is to get rid of the whole dang thing and do something entirely different.  Fair tax?  Flat tax?  I don't know, but the whole tax system is totally unfair and unreasonable.

Find it interesting that after the last so-called tax reform package was passed, we who did not benefit were told not to worry, that this was only beginning and more tax reform to benefit the rest of us would be coming.  That was how long ago?  Now that Trump is running for re-election and the senate may fall to the Democrats, Republicans are suddenly interested in this issue.

I doubt this will go anywhere, but even if it does, it's too little, too late.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 11:28:50 pm »
One blindingly obvious goal should be to index the ridiculously low income thresholds for Social Security taxation, which would help every middle income retiree. But that will never happen.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 11:39:09 pm »
Screw tax cuts. I don't want to borrow even more money we don't have. Balance the dang budget. Reduce spending. THEN talk about tax cuts.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 11:41:07 pm »
Screw tax cuts. I don't want to borrow even more money we don't have. Balance the dang budget. Reduce spending. THEN talk about tax cuts.

:beer:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 12:38:36 am »
And stop trying to give tax cuts to people who are paying very little in income tax already!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 12:49:48 am »
And stop trying to give tax cuts to people who are paying very little in income tax already!

I am all for tax cuts - and everybody is paying, income tax or not - But it don't make a dang bit of sense to cut taxes without cutting spending. Seriously cutting spending - Like in HALF, would be a good start.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 12:57:08 am »
Federal spendind should never exceed 18% of GDP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 01:04:58 am »

Right. That is in line with office/management costs in business generally. Though you can't take an axe to it yet, because of the debt. 'Spending' will have to remain high in order to pay it down. After that, don't go down that road no more. But that's a subject matter for our grandchildren to raise in their old age.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 01:10:01 am »

Federal spending on debt service should never exceed 18% of GDP.

Which one of those do you think we'll see first?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 12:52:58 pm »
His last IRS middle class tax plan (less taxes) has a stop date on it - it goes away, but the business tax reduction done at the same time, is forever.

Read the small print when this new one comes out.
His last tax plan took away mileage and vehicle expenses for employees, expenses for overnight travel for employees, and a host of other deductions which mean more of my income that I have to spend to make the money gets taxed.

Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to more 'favors'.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 08:26:55 pm »

In relation to what?   I am all for the fair tax.  Cruz had an excellent tax plan.

https://conservativehardliner.com/ted-cruz-advocates-fair-tax

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 08:51:22 pm »
In relation to what?   I am all for the fair tax.  Cruz had an excellent tax plan.

https://conservativehardliner.com/ted-cruz-advocates-fair-tax

The problem with the "fair tax" is that I already paid income taxes on my meager assets .The idea of paying a consumption tax when I spend what I have left isn't very appealing. Give me a workaround for that and I'm all for it.

(though one drawback is illegals who send earnings out of the country avoid taxation. There may well be other drawbacks too that I haven't thought of yet.)
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2019, 12:10:45 am »
I have no problems with Mr. Trump's prior (and now-implemented) tax cuts.

They cut MY taxes a good deal.

Looking forward to more!