Author Topic: Beto’s gift to GOP: ‘Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47’  (Read 2842 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

HorseHillary! There is and NEVER HAS BEEN anything even remotely conservative about the Bush Crime Family,and Cruz seems to be about 50 percent conservative. He sometimes SOUNDS good,but there just seems to be a "greasy weasel" factor to his personality. He is from Texas though,so you will blindly support him.

You just threw Reagans name in there to try to give a little credibility to your brain fart. Find a post by me critical of Reagan. Go ahead.

Here's an idea.  How about you find your way back to the subject of this thread...Beto coming for our weapons and being proud of it...instead of turning it into one of your normal tinfoil hat dumpster fires.

Think you can do that?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Here's an idea.  How about you find your way back to the subject of this thread...Beto coming for our weapons and being proud of it...instead of turning it into one of your normal tinfoil hat dumpster fires.

Think you can do that?

@txradioguy

A better question might be "Can you pull yourself away from your Cruze Shrine long enough to see reality?". Seems like the fumes from the candles are making you giddy.

After all,CRUZ appeared on tv to push HIS gun control bill on a tv show that was talking about Beto. He did this without my urging.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:53:17 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LadyLiberty

Those t-shirts could easily sell heavily if they were being sold by our side.  The words are damning, but I guess the Leftists think the slogan is a good one for them.

There ought to be large banners made with that quote to hang up at every gun show. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:39:57 pm by LadyLiberty »

Offline roamer_1

@txradioguy

A better question might be "Can you pull yourself away from your Cruze Shrine long enough to see reality?". Seems like the fumes from the candles are making you giddy.

After all,CRUZ appeared on tv to push HIS gun control bill on a tv show that was talking about Beto. He did this without my urging.

I wonder @sneakypete , whether your unwavering support of Tumpy the Clown will change when he signs yet another bill against the R2KBA...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:29:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Those t-shirts could easily sell heavily if they were being sold by our side.  The words are damning, but I guess the Leftists think the slogan is a good one for them.

Maybe WE should sell these:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline Mod5

Circular firing squad comes to mind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wonder @sneakypete , whether your unwavering support of Tumpy the Clown will change when he signs yet another bill against the R2KBA...

@roamer_1

"Another"? I don't remember him signing one yet,never mind butting it to someone else's gun control rant to suggest his is better.

Offline Applewood

@roamer_1

"Another"? I don't remember him signing one yet,never mind butting it to someone else's gun control rant to suggest his is better.

@sneakypete

Bump stock ban?

I should have known you were here causing trouble again.  LOL

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Bump stock ban?

I should have known you were here causing trouble again.  LOL

@Applewood

I understand how ignorant gun-grabbers could think banning a useless piece of crap like a bump stock might think that is gun control,but for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone else would get worked up over it. I am tempted to say it's like banning slings,but slings are very useful.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

I understand how ignorant gun-grabbers could think banning a useless piece of crap like a bump stock might think that is gun control,but for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone else would get worked up over it. I am tempted to say it's like banning slings,but slings are very useful.

Allegedly, the Las Vegas shooter used a bump stock, so I don't know that the device is all that useless. 

But anyway, my thought is that if Trump would sign the bump stock ban into law, perhaps he would also sign off on any other gun control/confiscation legislation that comes across his desk.  I can't trust him to do the right thing.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Allegedly, the Las Vegas shooter used a bump stock, so I don't know that the device is all that useless. 

But anyway, my thought is that if Trump would sign the bump stock ban into law, perhaps he would also sign off on any other gun control/confiscation legislation that comes across his desk.  I can't trust him to do the right thing.

Could have accomplished the same thing with a rubber band if he knew what he was doing so banning bump stocks was an entirely useless exercise and an unconstitutional taking of property IMHO.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Wasn't the "bump stock ban" an EO?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Nope! Just the "clarification" of existing regulation by the ATF.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1120876/download

But it's STILL an illegal taking IMHO and if I owned one the suit would already be filed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:32:19 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nope...it's an actual federal regulation.  Passed with the full throated support of the NRA no less.

Another reason why they won't get another dime from me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nope...it's an actual federal regulation.  Passed with the full throated support of the NRA no less.

Another reason why they won't get another dime from me.

Welcome to the club!  Gave them back a life membership about 25 years ago and happily with GOA ever since.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

@PeteS in CA

Yeah,causen the Chinese in Taiwan have NOTHING in common with the Chinese in China,huh?

<insult removed>

The island of Taiwan has never been ruled by the Communist government, breaking away in late 1949 when Mao's revolution succeeded. From April, 1895 through October 1945, Taiwan was ruled by Japan. Are you going to keep digging?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nope! Just the "clarification" of existing regulation by the ATF.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1120876/download

But it's STILL an illegal taking IMHO and if I owned one the suit would already be filed.
Hardly. The Obama Administration approved the bump stocks before they went into market, as not being a machine gun or machine gun part.  It took a Republican Administration to pull that little bit of gun control. I don't give a flying sh*t what they say. The stock does not change the mechanics of the action, it is not a machine gun, not fully automatic just because someone put a bump stock on the rifle. It still requires one pull of the trigger for each shot.
Playing fast and loose with words is a dangerous thing to do with law, kinda like Roberts waving his magic wand over the American Rump and turning a penalty into a tax.

And yes, it is an illegal taking... but the reality is that no one knows how many of those sold have been turned in or destroyed apart from a couple of conspicuously destroyed inventories of warehoused products. For all we know, the compliance rate may even be lower than the Canadian Long Gun Registry.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

@Applewood

@sneakypete
It certainly is gun control, and a precedent toward banning semi-autos as the next step... Anything that can be turned "full-auto" by a bump stock is the obvious objective, not the bump stock itself.

And I agree btw, about the useless nature of a bump stock. And the law outlawing them. Any redneck boy of a certain age has made one from a rubber band and a popsicle stick, and understands exactly how poor a device it is. Basically a fun party trick.

But all of that is beside the point and evading the question.
If Tumpy goes ahead, as he has said, with more 'sensible' gun legislation and/or red flag laws, will he still have your unwavering support? Or will you justify that too, waiving it off like you have the bump stock ban?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

It certainly is gun control, and a precedent toward banning semi-autos as the next step... Anything that can be turned "full-auto" by a bump stock is the obvious objective, not the bump stock itself.

Pretty much any semi-auto can be made to fire full-auto,or will do it all by itself if certain parts are worn or modified,and buttstocks are not necessary to fire a rifle or shotgun. Granted,if you hit what you want to hit it will be accidental,but they can still be fired.

And I agree btw, about the useless nature of a bump stock.

@roamer_1

I put them in the same category as 26 inch spinner wheels on cars. I would slap anybody that put one on any of my long guns.

Any redneck boy of a certain age has made one from a rubber band and a popsicle stick,

I dunno about that,but I made a zip gun out of a car antenna,a block of wood,a nail,and rubber from a bicycle inner tube. I wouldn't call it accurate in ANY sense of the word,but it would shoot.  IIRC,I was around 8 years old at the time,and a wannabe juvenile delinquent.

But all of that is beside the point and evading the question.

Not really. Only fools would want one,and truth to tell,I think if somebody is going to shoot at me,I would rather they were using a bump stock than the original stock. There is an excellent chance they would miss while emptying their rifle,leaving me plenty of time to blow them away with whatever I happened to be carrying.

MY personal preference in rifles is something in bolt action with a barrel at least 26 inches long,thick,and chambered for something like a 300 H&H Magnum. You can always load down,but there is a limit to how far you can load up. Even then if it won't shoot less than 1 inch groups at 100 yards I have no interest in keeping it. I have no use or interest in any firearm that isn't accurate.

If Tumpy goes ahead, as he has said, with more 'sensible' gun legislation and/or red flag laws, will he still have your unwavering support? Or will you justify that too, waiving it off like you have the bump stock ban?

Get real. There is nothing Trump loves more than the sound of his own voice when he is talking about himself and confusing his opponents. It is my OPINION that once again he is throwing a little red meat at the Dims in the hope of confusing him,and was basically just bleeping with them.

And truthfully,I don't give a rabid rats ass if he does sign a law banning bump stocks. Every try to shoot a duck flying by with a 3 inch mag A5 Browning while standing on the seat in a duck blind,and had the SOB go full-auto on you when you pulled the trigger? I think I was 16 years old and about 130 lbs at the time.  Later in life as an adult gunsmith I have had to point more than one supposedly semi-auto rifle or shotgun in a 55 gallon barrel filled with sand to test fire it to see if I had fixed it so it didn't go full-auto anymore. Imagine the angle you are shooting from that leaves you with mostly the toe of the buttstock digging into your shoulder when the SOB goes off.  "Hate" is probably not a strong enough word for how I feel about that crap.

Once again,I put bump stocks in the same category as chrome tires. They are NOT guns,and they are not even a vital part of a gun. You can take the butt stock off and still shoot the guns,and probably shoot them more accurately than you could with a bump stock on it.

Offline roamer_1

[...]

@sneakypete
Since we are in full agreement wrt bump stocks, and since I very well understand how easily a semi-auto can be caused to unload by way of continuous fire, we can stop farting around. My question remains unanswered.

Will Tumpy continue to have your unwavering support IF HE DOES IN FACT sign more gun control or red flag laws?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Will Tumpy continue to have your unwavering support IF HE DOES IN FACT sign more gun control or red flag laws?

@roamer_1

MORE? He hasn't singed ANY gun control laws yet,and I don't know what red flag laws are.

Now,if the question is "Will I continue to support him if he supports or suggests any new real gun control laws,the answer is "no".

Will I support him if he signs some sort of "fringe" law related to gun control that is presented to him to sign after Congress votes it up,the answer is "probably". It all depends on the situation. Will refusing to vote for him and encouraging others to not vote for him be a wise thing to do if his defeat would mean Beato or some other Dim gets elected? If it would,I would still vote for him as the lesser of two evils.  If he has a primary challenger for the Republican nomination that isn't nuts and has a chance of winning the general election,I would vote for the challenger. If the challenger loses leaving a choice between Trump and Beato,Hillary,Slow Joe,etc,etc,etc,I would vote for Trump as the lesser of two evils. I don't believe in cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

MORE? He hasn't singed ANY gun control laws yet,and I don't know what red flag laws are.

Now,if the question is "Will I continue to support him if he supports or suggests any new real gun control laws,the answer is "no".

Will I support him if he signs some sort of "fringe" law related to gun control that is presented to him to sign after Congress votes it up,the answer is "probably". It all depends on the situation. Will refusing to vote for him and encouraging others to not vote for him be a wise thing to do if his defeat would mean Beato or some other Dim gets elected? If it would,I would still vote for him as the lesser of two evils.  If he has a primary challenger for the Republican nomination that isn't nuts and has a chance of winning the general election,I would vote for the challenger. If the challenger loses leaving a choice between Trump and Beato,Hillary,Slow Joe,etc,etc,etc,I would vote for Trump as the lesser of two evils. I don't believe in cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Well, @sneakypete , it's good to know you have a limit. wherever that is.Until you hit it, I guess you can keep justifying everything as 'better than democrats'.

I however will not.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, @sneakypete , it's good to know you have a limit. wherever that is.Until you hit it, I guess you can keep justifying everything as 'better than democrats'.

I however will not.

@roamer_1

Then you are a petulant fool who is putting the chip on your shoulder above the survival of the nation in importance.