Author Topic: China to Lift Punitive Tariffs on US Soybeans, Pork  (Read 1055 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

China to Lift Punitive Tariffs on US Soybeans, Pork
« on: September 13, 2019, 12:59:46 pm »
So who is winning?

China will lift punitive tariffs imposed on U.S. soybeans and pork in a trade war with Washington, a state news agency said Friday, adding to conciliatory gestures by the two sides ahead of negotiations.
China will suspend tariff hikes on soybeans, pork and some other farm goods, the Xinhua News Agency said, citing the Cabinet planning agency and the Commerce Ministry. It said Beijing "supports domestic companies in purchasing a certain amount of U.S. farm produce," but gave no details.

The move follows President Donald Trump's decision Wednesday to postpone a planned Oct. 1 tariff hike on Chinese imports to Oct. 15.

Hopes are growing that the two sides might defuse the prolonged dispute that is threatening global economic growth. But there has been no sign of progress on the main issues in their sprawling conflict over trade and technology.

Beijing's decision to restore access to low-cost U.S. soybeans also would help Chinese pig farmers who use soy as animal feed. They are reeling from an epidemic of African swine fever that has caused pork prices to soar.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/china-lift-soybean-tariffs/2019/09/13/id/932512/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: China to Lift Punitive Tariffs on US Soybeans, Pork
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 01:56:01 pm »
WINNING!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 10:54:55 pm »
But...
BUT...
BUT...

"Tariffs don't work !!"

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 11:17:24 pm »
There goes the 'Trump hurts farmers' campaign meme.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 12:33:35 am »
They have a lot of people to feed over there.  We have the food.  Funny how that works.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 01:00:43 am »
There goes the 'Trump hurts farmers' campaign meme.

Don't look now, but it's already past slaughter time, at least up here. it is. The farmers have already lost their money. Though it is in time for the big processing houses to make a buck.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 01:07:28 am by roamer_1 »