Author Topic: Portland Cop Accused By Antifa Of Colluding With Patriot Prayer Is Cleared  (Read 549 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2019/09/12/cop-accused-antifa-colluding-patriot-prayer-cleared/
Portland Cop Accused By Antifa Of Colluding With Patriot Prayer Is Cleared
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 6:41 pm on September 12, 2019
Back in February, there was a mini-scandal in Portland over the publication of texts which showed Lt. Jeff Niiya of the Portland Police texting with Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson. Despite the fact that this was Lt. Niiya’s job, i.e. to coordinate with protest groups, Antifa and Portland Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty accused him of collusion and favoritism toward the right-wing group. Today the Oregonian reports that after an investigation, Lt. Niiya has been completely cleared:

Portland’s Independent Police Review, a city auditing division that handles investigations of high-ranking police administrators, didn’t find sufficient evidence to prove allegations against Lt. Jeff Niiya, the report shows.

The reviewers considered three allegations: that Niiya engaged in unprofessional behavior during his communications with Gibson, didn’t maintain objectivity while communicating with Gibson and inappropriately disclosed information to Gibson to allow individuals to avoid arrest.

The Independent Police Review recommended its findings to the Police Bureau. Niiya won’t face any discipline, according to sources familiar with the inquiry.

It’s good this was over, but this was pretty obviously nonsense from the beginning. When the texts were published, Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty said she was shocked to learn there were “members of the Portland police force who work in collusion with right-wing extremists.” Mayor Ted Wheeler poured gasoline on the fire: “It is imperative for law enforcement to remain objective and professional, and in my opinion, these text messages appear to cross several boundaries.”

So ... after seven months the guy who was simply doing his job was cleared. What do you think PPD officers are going to remember most? That Officer Niiya was cleared? Or that false accusers, a back-stabbing city commissioner, and a back-stabbing mayor put Officer Niiya through seven months of Hell? Maybe police officers, being law enforcement professionals would react differently, but I would remember the back-stabbing and seven hellacious months. Also, were I Officer Niiya, I would seriously consider getting out of Stumptown, because Progs hate vindicated police officers more than they hate the random police officer on the street.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.