Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi Says Republicans Are Retiring Because They Know They'll Be the Minority With 'Most Like  (Read 194 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Pelosi Says Republicans Are Retiring Because They Know They'll Be the Minority With 'Most Likely' a Democrat President

By Alexandra Hutzler On 9/13/19 at 10:21 AM EDT

An increased number of Republicans are retiring from Congress in 2019 and Rep. Nancy Pelosi suggested it's because they know they will be serving as a minority in 2020 after Democrats win back Congress and "most likely" the White House.

C-SPAN's Steve Scully sat down with the House speaker on Thursday for an interview, during which he asked her about the 15 Republicans who have already announced that they will not be returning to the House of Representatives next year.

"What's that all about?" Scully asked.

"I think it's an indication that Republicans know that they'll probably be serving in the minority in the next Congress and most likely with a Democrat in the White House," Pelosi said. "So I think it's time to spend more time with their families."

more
https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-republican-retirements-1459138?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NewsweekFacebookSF&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2CBXLf8PqiBdwoNPASkFmkVsPR-G72WE7UKNMxeUQtLOD6ebhlpDa-Q7E
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

She is likely right for that many Republicans leaving and didn't some Republicans leave the House earlier in the past two years?  They were reelected and quit before this next election which is next year?  Maybe Republicans will be elected to fill these open seats, but I think it is "iffy" for that to happen.

Offline aligncare

What’s she talking about? Republicans love being in the minority. All the perks at half the work.

Being in the majority requires some backbone, a thing too many republicans lack. And, trust me, I know a backbone when I see one.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Much Ado about Nothing!  When you review the bio of all Republicans leaving, they are largely OLD and I am certain retiring.  A couple are leaving for health or family health reasons.  Sean Duffy has a child on the way that will have health issues.

But all but one are leaving after serving five years or more, meaning they will continue to receive their income with all the COLA increases Congress votes for themselves through their lifetime.  This is not news!

And there are a couple younger leaving, and I believe it is to prepare for a larger election in the near future.